Does visiting the forum more make you a better photographer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao_shin

Sep 21, 2002
Visit site

As above. Does it apply to photographer of all experience level? Maybe a newbie will benefit more but the old timer not so much?

As above. Does it apply to photographer of all experience level? Maybe a newbie will benefit more but the old timer not so much?

It depends on what you use the forum for. If you're using it for an exchange of Ideas, tips or tricks, it can help you improve.

In the end, you still need to go out and shoot more else how can you achieve the improvement of pictures part?

Joining the forum made me buy a new camera and speedlight - if that has made me a better photographer, then yes :)

it is the experience sharing and learning that makes the forum so valuable.

Not discounting the fact that this forum has the most robust B&S to get equipments :)

Ryan

Even as a newbie, i do learn a lot by visiting the forum. I look and learn at pictures that CSers post and the comments given. Practice is the best way to improve!

if you share then you will learn
new ideas can come from any level

if post counts make you a better phtographer, then i must be really good

The forum, or any medium is like a tool. It really depends on how you use it.

Yes, it helps to make me sound like a GOOD seasoned photographer.

I just memorise and parrot out some terms, slangs, abbr., some granny's tales, some theories, etc..., at every opportunity!

you will learn when you willing to learn from others.
and you will learn more when you start sharing with people what you have learned.

ortega, your post number is not the highest here, right? maybe you are top 10.

you will learn when you willing to learn from others.
and you will learn more when you start sharing with people what you have learned.

With posts that tells people to talk less, shoot more. I think this forum should be a good learning place. ;p

With posts that tells people to talk less, shoot more. I think this forum should be a good learning place. ;p
that's depends what kind of talk, and what kind of shoot lor.

talk too much indeed no good.
shoot too much and don't know what's the photographer shooting also no good, especially no improvement on the skills at all. :)

I've learnt a lot by being here, as there are many truly wonderful people in CS that are willing to share if you ask nicely, and intelligently. On my part, the most I can do is try to help newbies who's questions may sometimes go unanswered as I am very much a newbie digitalman myself. You won't believe how stupid I can be at times. I can't believe it myself! LOL!

Watching more EPL makes one a better footballer too.

Nope. I only learnt mostly about terms/slangs used around here. WTB BNP, Dark/White Side, White lens etc.

Also on the technicalities (pros/cons) of each individual lenses and good place to find out costs and good stores.

It's not a really good place to learn about composition...and most talks are mostly about switching camps, Nikonians complaining about the lack of full sensor, lousy ISO...threats about switching to canon side if nikon disappoints again...false rumors of D200 replacements...blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.