Does ur singnet account flooded with junk mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmen1977

Jun 30, 2002
CCK
xmen1977.clubsnap.org
my singnet email has been annoying me with tons of junk mail!

anyone got this problem? how to solve hah? :cry:

this happens to me too.. well.. i'm using my hotmail nowadays.. singnet... let it rot... kekeke~ :D

yupzz..i nv use the singnet account one =)

no solutions... I get like hotmail stuff asking me to open the attachments....which I know it;s a trojan..... quite annoying having to delete all these emails.... all the time

yup, i think the junk mail comes from spyware which companies use to monitor u while u surf, as well as get down ur email address. Think you can't reduce the mails that are already coming in, except maybe to use a filtering program to facilitate deleting them...such as mailwasher which works pretty well.

Can try to prevent even more mails coming in by using programs such as lavasoft's ad-aware to try and remove spywares from your comp. Hope this helps.

Mine is singnet email a/c, but seldom occur.
But my yahoo is worst....there was once I didn't accessed for about 2 weeks, the bulk mail contain 1000 over spams!
now I use the lavasoft adware 6.0 and also antivirus.

Just kenna worm.virus 2days ago. now religiously look out for live-update to ensure my virus list up to date.

Download a SPAM detector. it will learn as u start adding.
name of the shareware is "SPAM INSPECTOR"

Spam Inspector™’s powerful spam filtering engine quickly identifies and separates the hazardous and annoying spam from your legitimate email. Based on personal and global learning networks, Spam Inspector™ adapts itself to your email AUTOMATICALLY, filtering out all of the junk mail with 99% accuracy. No adding rules, no complex training, no forcing your friends and colleagues to jump through hoops to communicate with you.

Designed for:
Microsoft Outlook (2000/2002/2003)
Microsoft Outlook Express (5.5/6.0)
MSN Hotmail in Internet Explorer (6.x)
Eudora (5.2/6.0)
IncrediMail (XE/PRO)

My Singnet account is 10 years old and it receives a few hundred spams a day. :( I subscribed to the spamcop.net filtering service and that brought it down to under 10.

Regards
CK

one concern i have is whether your legitimate mails are inadvertendly filtered out as well?

ckiang said:
My Singnet account is 10 years old and it receives a few hundred spams a day. :( I subscribed to the spamcop.net filtering service and that brought it down to under 10.

Regards
CK

Well, it will be if the sender's mail server is blacklisted. spamcop doesn't do keyword filtering like the other spam filtering products, so though it may still happen, it should not be a lot.

Regards
CK

Mine laso has lots and lots and lots of junk mail. The worse thingy is that I subscribe to email notification...which translates to lots of SMS notification about those junk mails! Really angry with pacnet

Yes! Up to the point where I basically abandoned the e-mail account about a year ago. Basically its like fighting a losing battle with spam. :angry: Now use web-based e-mail accounts...still have some spam lar but its better than the singnet one which is flooded with a few hundred a day. Got sick and tired of deleting them.

Yea man, even my hotmail account gives me less headache than my Singnet one now..

Went for a short trip and didn't check my mail for 3 days, and when I returned, I had 12 pages of junk to delete from the account..buay tahan... :angry:

heh...how abt getting yahoo mail?...they have a pretty good spam mail detection where it'll divert those that it think is spam into a seperate "folder"...the amt of storage space in the bulk folder is not counted for the overall mail space...its not deleted immediately so can still chk if any legitimate mail slipped thru...not bad i think...

kelster said:
heh...how abt getting yahoo mail?...they have a pretty good spam mail detection where it'll divert those that it think is spam into a seperate "folder"...the amt of storage space in the bulk folder is not counted for the overall mail space...its not deleted immediately so can still chk if any legitimate mail slipped thru...not bad i think...

heh, I have yahoo mail, hotmail, excite mail, plus think at least 3 others... :D
I like to spread my mail around, one for forums, one for news blah blah...

Status
Not open for further replies.