Does this work for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastboltnut

Mar 23, 2006
Where the wind blows...
Hi all,

This was taken during my recent trip to London. I expose the sky nicely as I love the sky, but in the end the Big Ben became underexposed and lightening it doesn't look good in colour. Thus, I converted it to BW. Does this PP works for you?

Thanks.

1427694713_aa9d11fa49.jpg

Upon all the ideas and critics, I have re-done the PP, please comment again if it is better or not:

1443134522_be13f13348.jpg

Thanks!!

Looks a bit oversharpened to me.

looks nice but abit "fake" to me... Maybe it's abit too sharpened

btw, what's the white line on the top left?

not bad...maybe can do a little blur on some areas like on the whites ..to give a feeling of washouts. Dont know. Somehow i like whites/blurs combination with levelling up a bit.

Fumes from a passing plane. London is full of these lines.

there's a name la, contrails

lastboltnut , you did hdr from raw or something?
looks overly graphic looking to me, that's the trouble
also the big ben has haloing all over it, which contributes to unnatural effect, since it is "glowing"

cannot do anything already, tried playing with it in photoshop but to no avail

can provide the original file for me to play? :sweat:

The London cabs makes the scene looks 50's / 60's. I thought it looks like ink art to me - looks good.
(BTW contrails - is a shortened form of condensation trails)

it looks old & a lil gohtic.
i like it.
it'd be even better if it looks a lil washed out.
maybe even darker sky might give off this really moody, stormy feeling.
it's still good as it is now.
=]

Hey Bro, not HDR, just a single shot which I expose the sky nicely then the building is under and doesn't look nice in colour, so I converted it to BW. I did it in layer and my merging is not so good, thus the glow of the Big Ben. I will try it again.:)

Other than the glow, any other suggestion for improvement?

there's a name la, contrails

lastboltnut , you did hdr from raw or something?
looks overly graphic looking to me, that's the trouble
also the big ben has haloing all over it, which contributes to unnatural effect, since it is "glowing"

cannot do anything already, tried playing with it in photoshop but to no avail

can provide the original file for me to play? :sweat:

Thanks kermitfm for the compliments and the explanation on the contrails:).

The London cabs makes the scene looks 50's / 60's. I thought it looks like ink art to me - looks good.
(BTW contrails - is a shortened form of condensation trails)

O, you like it moody....good suggestion for PP practise.:);) Will try at my free time! Thanks!

it looks old & a lil gohtic.
i like it.
it'd be even better if it looks a lil washed out.
maybe even darker sky might give off this really moody, stormy feeling.
it's still good as it is now.
=]

Hey Bro, not HDR, just a single shot which I expose the sky nicely then the building is under and doesn't look nice in colour, so I converted it to BW. I did it in layer and my merging is not so good, thus the glow of the Big Ben. I will try it again.:)

Other than the glow, any other suggestion for improvement?

eh, not really, i quite like this picture other than the fact that it does not really look like a photograph

would be great as ink art, as someone has mentioned though

if i were to do it, i have a wide angle fetish, like space, so i would probably take a few steps back, or zoom out, not sure what lens you have or whether you can capture such positioning so well..

but seen very well, nonetheless, not sure what original looks like but if the building is not too under i suppose hdr done properly from raw might be able to get quite good result; but not very sure until i see the picture proper

As its a business trip, I only travel with the 18-200 VR, 1 lens for all with a tripod.

The building is really under, so no point getting the colour, it will be super noisy.:)

eh, not really, i quite like this picture other than the fact that it does not really look like a photograph

would be great as ink art, as someone has mentioned though

if i were to do it, i have a wide angle fetish, like space, so i would probably take a few steps back, or zoom out, not sure what lens you have or whether you can capture such positioning so well..

but seen very well, nonetheless, not sure what original looks like but if the building is not too under i suppose hdr done properly from raw might be able to get quite good result; but not very sure until i see the picture proper

Status
Not open for further replies.