Does this work for anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

The pics were out of focus and i was hoping to turn them into some abstract pics. I added the grains to both the pics and did some burning and stuff. Haha, my PS is skill quite limited but, does this work for anyone?

hand1.txt

Pic 1

hand2.txt

Pic 2

Which is better?

The slight blur in the pic actually suits the mood of the pic. I thought it worked quite well even without the burning. If anything I thought the pic could use a little more contrast. Makes it a little more dramatic.

Nice shot.

That's kewl but I would burn the hand a little as it looks too hot now...I would also tweak the hue a little as it looks a little green...

I would crop the photo a tad more to bring the focus to the hands...

Hope you don't mind but here's what I've done with it...see what you think.

Nice shot btw.

hand1a.jpg

ordinaryless said:
thanks for ya advice kman.. i appreciate it..

I increased the contrast and here's the pic...
hand3.txt

Better?

Btw, u got the same nick as my brother! haha..he's not in cs though

Hey Kman, thanks for taking the trouble to improve my pic.

For cropping of pic, i think i would still prefer my original 'uncut' version.To me,it looks more natural having to see the entire length of the hand on the first pair and seeing less and less of the hands on the subsequent pairs, somehow it forms a converging pattern.

i love the way u burned the hand and tweaked the hue. It appears to have a sligh blueish cast now but it looks cool to me. haha.

;)

hey I think you've gotta know what you're trying to say with your picture
You can increase the contrast or change the sharpness or blahblahblah but then does doing all that make your photo say what you want it to say?
Everyone's gonna have their own opinion about what works
your first two photos say totally different things but neither is "better" until you decide what you're trying to say, then perhaps it's "better at illustrating what I'm trying to say"

I agree with Matlock.
Matlock, what are you trying to say?

mattlock said:
hey I think you've gotta know what you're trying to say with your picture
You can increase the contrast or change the sharpness or blahblahblah but then does doing all that make your photo say what you want it to say?
Everyone's gonna have their own opinion about what works
your first two photos say totally different things but neither is "better" until you decide what you're trying to say, then perhaps it's "better at illustrating what I'm trying to say"

:embrass:

You had just set my mind thinking..
U r right, i didnt know what i wanted to portray.

Thanks for the advice.

I basically used the colour balance option and added a little blue to it. That's it.

Kman

ordinaryless said:
Kman,

How did u adjust the hue so that its not greenish? I press Ctrl+U to adjust the hue but it makes no difference becos its already in BW.

how did u do it? ;)

Hey how can I miss this, is a very good pix... where did you actually take this pix? :thumbsup:

Woodman said:
Hey how can I miss this, is a very good pix... where did you actually take this pix? :thumbsup:

This is a shot taken at one of the Orientation Camps in my campus. They were doing a mass dance.

Thanks for ya kind words Mama! ;)
;p You can view the rest at my gallery!

Honestly speaking, iI personally felt that is a great opportunity and hard to come by kind of shots, the value was already there not to mentioned it was well taken.

Woodman said:
Honestly speaking, iI personally felt that is a great opportunity and hard to come by kind of shots, the value was already there not to mentioned it was well taken.

wah... :embrass:

You're too kind..

Many Many thanks..personally i like this better

handinhand.txt

;)

I am impressed. Cheers for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.