Does this sound like an e-mail scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
I don't know this person, and this account of mine ALWAYS receives tons of scammers e-mails...

Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:47:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Benete Adelle" <XXXXXXXXXX@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: Prayer Needed (Please read)
To: XXXXXXXXXXXX@yahoo.com
Greetings,

Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ the
Prince of peace and the KING of kings.

I am Benete Adelle a 25 years old christian girl, I
don't have a computer of my own, a missionary from
France allowed me to use her computer since she can't
help me in any other way.

I am a Victim of war in (COTE D'IVOIRE) Africa, I do
have a small poultry farm before the war where I make
my daily bread but unfortunately the REBELS came and
destroyed all my things and set fire on houses
including my poultry farm, I lost my farm.

I am writing you this mail to request for your prayers
and help in any way the Lord lay in your heart, to
feed and clothe myself and if possible to re-start my
little poultry farm again and I know that the Lord
shall bless you in return for doing this.

I am recently living with my pastor where we are about
9 people living in a single room. Anything that the
Lord lay in your heart for me will really be of a
great HELP at this point in time as I am seriously
going hunger,Please kindly let me know the help you
can be able to render me so that I can send you where
to send it.

I will be expecting your response. May the Lord bless
you abundantly and grant you success in all your
dealings.

Yours Sister In Christ,
Benete
NB: If you have doubts I will send you my PHOTOGRAPH
and the contacts of my pastor for you to contact him
and confirm things from him directly.

Oh man,now they're doing it in the name of GOD! :sticktong

hmm they;ve moved out of nigeria i see.

OK, call me a bleeding heart, but what IF this is the on in a gazillion that's genuine?

Would a request for a scan of her passport, as well as the name, address and contact details of her church help prove authenticity? A church could always be looked up against a registry...

OK, call me a bleeding heart, but what IF this is the on in a gazillion that's genuine?

Would a request for a scan of her passport, as well as the name, address and contact details of her church help prove authenticity? A church could always be looked up against a registry...

these things are never real because she doesn;t know the email recepitant at all. so how would she know to send it out to him?

A spam bot? I guess you do have a point there.

Would a missionary condon u to use her computer to mass msg out to email addresses in the world to beg for money or will the missonary help the girl to make her life better? I think I answered your question....

Obviously a fake. Everyone knows that Triple H is the real King of Kings, not Jesus.

Let's soo not pull religion into this, please!

Oh well, 'she' did ask for "prayers" so I'll say one for her.

i think its a scam, if she needs money she won't anyhow email you. she should would have asked her church or the people who send them there on mission.

reply the email to her and tell her that well her command of english is pretty good and it would be a waste of talent to work in a poultry farm and that she should look for some admin, translator or personal assistant position on www.jobstreet.com.sg www.jobsdb.com.sg or www.monster.com.sg This way, after a few years of working, she would be not only to afford a farm but she might even be able to afford a chain of farm.

most porbably... i also kena a few emails lidat.. i'll reply the guy and play with him for some emails and when he demands $$, i'll ignore him. :)

Yup, sounds like a scam to me!
It's a pity that there is no intelligent person out of you all on this site, you are all bunch of idiots. I wonder in a whole website no one can think normal, not even the administrator of this site, you are all bunch of crap, I say God punish you all, none of you can even think maybe this girl is really in need, all you pass to her is judgement, Hmmmn, I remember that the Asians are always stupid and the Americans are even the worst, if care is not taken I swear to God this site will be closed, if any of you want to dare me then I will show you what I can do with this website. This is just a warning, we are not fighting against racism and stupidity on the internet, internet is not for idiots like you guys and the European union won't take this crap any more.

It's a pity that there is no intelligent person out of you all on this site, you are all bunch of idiots. I wonder in a whole website no one can think normal, not even the administrator of this site, you are all bunch of crap, I say God punish you all, none of you can even think maybe this girl is really in need, all you pass to her is judgement, Hmmmn, I remember that the Asians are always stupid and the Americans are even the worst, if care is not taken I swear to God this site will be closed, if any of you want to dare me then I will show you what I can do with this website. This is just a warning, we are not fighting against racism and stupidity on the internet, internet is not for idiots like you guys and the European union won't take this crap any more.

:bsmilie:

i see aqillies found a new account!

hey show me what you can do to us!!!

I'm WAITING.................................

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.