Does the equipment you use determine if you are a newbie?

Entry level equiment are use only by newbie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinet

Nov 16, 2004
strewberry farm
Recently heard somewhere that a equiment determine if the photographer is a newbie or not. For example, entry level DSLR like 300D, 350D and D50 are use only by newbie.... Just want to see how many hold this view.

Cheer

A photograph really will depend if u are really a newbie or not ;p

Best thread of the day :bsmilie:

Beachboy said:
of couse no lar

I know there alot of long time photographer are using these too... But I also see AD looking for photographer but their requiment is those using entry level cam are not allow... :dunno:

That why I want to see how many ppl are holding this tinted view

It's the man behind the camera .... if you cant shoot well how are you going to handle Pro bodies ..?? :dunno:

clarinet said:
I know there alot of long time photographer are using these too... But I also see AD looking for photographer but their requiment is those using entry level cam are not allow... :dunno:

That why I want to see how many ppl are holding this tinted view

I knew there are many PROs out there using D70,D100,10D or 20D to shoot AD wedding .. it is the skills that's matter .. :)

I'm no pro, and neither am I a newbie... but I thought I like the shots I took using my ixus 55 too during my recent NZ trip... As long as the shots come out can make it, doesn't matter anyway, I feel... ;)

KNIGHT ONG said:
I knew there are many PROs out there using D70,D100,10D or 20D to shoot AD wedding .. it is the skills that's matter .. :)

I agree to this... Yesterday just saw a D2X user on auto...

clarinet said:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: this goes as the same as gaming. a good mouse, headset or mousepad doesn't make you any better. why can't a photographer make good shots outta cameras like d50?

Then my next question is: how about P-mode? Some people say only newbie use P-mode, what is your view?

coolegg said:
Then my next question is: how about P-mode? Some people say only newbie use P-mode, what is your view?

P mode is same as auto mode. everything taken care of le. But it depend on suitation

clarinet said:
whats wrong with D2x user using auto ? :think:

S11loop said:
whats wrong with D2x user using auto ? :think:

nothing worng... but when i chat with him, he say he brough this cam cos ppl tell him it good... but he say until now he still dunno how to use other mode... so stick on to auto lor

clarinet said:

wat's wrong with that? Very often, the cam's auto could give you a better pic than you trying to mess around with all kinds of settings that could screw up your pic.

For me, when I have a really ordinary pic to shoot, I set everything to auto, AWB, auto ISO, matrix metering and all other default setting. It is only in more difficult situations that I would think if I could do better than the camera's.

Status
Not open for further replies.