does the CPL looks dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.

freecloud

Dec 9, 2005
I just bought a hoya CPL from tcw. I look at it directing to a light. It looks dirty like just after being washed using water and some minor dirty evenly left on the glass.

Do the hoya cpl look like this?

freecloud said:
I just bought a hoya CPL from tcw. I look at it directing to a light. It looks dirty like just after being washed using water and some minor dirty evenly left on the glass.

I dun suggest u use water to wash yr CPL! Water will get in between the CPL and gets trapped there. Usually the rear exposed part of the part where polarising works and cleaning that part will damage the coating.

freecloud said:

All brand new ones shouldn't be like that.
Although you may find that the Hoya ones would be harder to clean / maintain.

does the filter when look under the light appear like uniformly jit-liap jit-liap debris stuck onto the glass?

tink if it doesn't affect the picture, dun bother to clean it.

i tink the filter maybe permanently ruined after washing it with water, as it can seep thru the gap sandwiched between the 2 glasses.

tried on my old CPL filter and now even after years, there's ugly newton's rings in the glass interface....
freecloud said:

I correct you made a very valid point.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

user12343 said:
does the filter when look under the light appear like uniformly jit-liap jit-liap debris stuck onto the glass?

tink if it doesn't affect the picture, dun bother to clean it.

i tink the filter maybe permanently ruined after washing it with water, as it can seep thru the gap sandwiched between the 2 glasses.

tried on my old CPL filter and now even after years, there's ugly newton's rings in the glass interface....

user12343 said:

Yes, it look like this. If just look at without directing to the light, it is very clear. But it looks dirty if directing it to the light. I will not washing it and that dirty seems caused by the process of manufacturing.

yyD70S said:
All brand new ones shouldn't be like that.
Although you may find that the Hoya ones would be harder to clean / maintain.

It is brand new which is bought from tcw. It is cheapest one i found so far. 67mm hoya CPL cost 50SD. I am just wondering whether all the hoya CPL looks like that. If you donnot direct the cpl to the light, it looks very clear. maybe , you can try to look at it by directing it to light.

If you just brought it you should go back to the shop and change it. There should not have water or foreign object in between the space of CPL filter.

singscott said:
If you just brought it you should go back to the shop and change it. There should not have water or foreign object in between the space of CPL filter.

I clean the CPL using cloth and the dirty is gone. There are no water or other foreign things, but some water mark on the surface.

Maybe all the CPL look like that if you direct them to the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.