does owning a slr make u a photographer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, its both the machine and the person. To have one without the other will not work.
Yeah true true... well, in this material world many of us think that it is the material goods that define who we are, forgetting that we ourselves are the ones who define who we are. I was asked once regarding a question similar to this...

Put it this way, a person can be the richest person on this earth but if that person has a horrible character, all the material goods in the world can't deny that the person is a horrible person.

It's a sad case, even I have to admit I do fall into the trap looking at the newest DSLRs and so on, but then I look at these photographers who still shoot with old equipment and they make stunning pictures, it brings me back to reality.

We all chase the next best thing... it's just economics.

This topic is repeated so many times.

I feel that anyone who any camera is a photographer.

It's his/her works that defines whether he or she is a good photographer. :)

Well, as I say, both matters. Give those pple you are saluting, the latest and greatest, and they will be even better than what you are seeing right now.

Yeah true true... well, in this material world many of us think that it is the material goods that define who we are, forgetting that we ourselves are the ones who define who we are. I was asked once regarding a question similar to this...

Put it this way, a person can be the richest person on this earth but if that person has a horrible character, all the material goods in the world can't deny that the person is a horrible person.

It's a sad case, even I have to admit I do fall into the trap looking at the newest DSLRs and so on, but then I look at these photographers who still shoot with old equipment and they make stunning pictures, it brings me back to reality.

We all chase the next best thing... it's just economics.

>I don't know what do you make of Ansel Adams, Steve McCurry etc...

nickmak I get what you mean lah...:)
And personally, I think I'm same as Ansel Adams & Steve McCurry etc..
a photographer, even if its just a hobby for me.:)

They're just a WHOLE lot better than me. Ok, let make that trillion times; I can never be as good times better than me...:bsmilie:

And topic is a trick question...lol
'owning' surely does not make one a photographer, if you keep in box and not shoot..
I think for that, everyone will agree...:bsmilie:

another question that puzzle me for quite a while....

does owning a DSLR make you a photographer? or a camera owner?????
can someone define PHOTOGRAPHER pls?

does owning a DSLR make you a photographer? or a camera owner?????

Ans: If you press the shutter button on the camera at least once and an image is recorded, then you're a photographer. If you have not done it before at all (e.g. your camera is still in the box), then you are a camera owner.

Photographer = Someone who takes photographs.

I guess this is question is being raised again, due to the fact that we can see many youngsters, as young as 12, nowadays holding a dslr where ever they go trying hard to "look cool" & "professional" with their kit lens without proper knowledge of using their system to the fullest extend. I'm not saying that shooting in auto is bad as i have learned, nor kit lens are useless, but not learning and utilizing the full function and feature of your system is as good as might as well using a pns. In the end, its just about looking cool holding one and looking like a pro for some. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.