does lexar cf card come with image recovery software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokiemon

Mar 5, 2005
hi, i just bought a lexar CF card from EastGear yesterday and i specifically asked whether the image recovery software was inside the box. the staff said yes. when i opened the box at home, there was no CD containing the software. i also noticed the plastic wrapper that sealed the CF card was partially opened.

1. should i be finding a cd containing the software inside the small box as mentioned by EastGear? or do i need to downlaod it from somewhere else.

2. how reliable is EastGear? i am now wondering if the CF card has been used and resealed by them.

The image recovery software is pre-loaded inside the CF card. There's an instruction telling you not to format the card till you have off loaded the software because of that.

cool. thanks guys for the info...

hi,

anyone can pass me a copy of the imagerescue software in lexar? I lost mine when my harddisk crash on me a while ago and now i need to recover some lost data on my lexar CF card. Would appreciate if you can send me a copy. Thanks!!!

chih wey

hedgehog said:
hi,

anyone can pass me a copy of the imagerescue software in lexar? I lost mine when my harddisk crash on me a while ago and now i need to recover some lost data on my lexar CF card. Would appreciate if you can send me a copy. Thanks!!!

chih wey

i would like to have a copy too.. thanks.

pm me your email address.

Lost mine too.. :( Just got the card and took some test shot. Totally forget about it until i formatted the card from the cam and lost the software :confused: . Btw what can the software do?

sail2horizon said:
Lost mine too.. :( Just got the card and took some test shot. Totally forget about it until i formatted the card from the cam and lost the software :confused: . Btw what can the software do?
The software is pretty good. Say you go take an event, go home somebody gong gong and formatted the card, and say he even goes taking some pix..... you will be able to retrieve back the pix taken prior to the format. You may or may not get back the previous pix, the number depends on how many new pix have overwritten the old ones. You can test it out yourself and see, you'll be surprised how many "junk" pix you have taken like 6 months ago. ;)

I still have the sw but had not had to use it yet. iirc, isn't it a trial ware for 30 days only?

The 30 day trial refers to the Photo Mechanic software if i am not wrong..
cheers

sorry to revive this old thread... can any kind soul send me a copy of the lexar recovery software? i accidentally delete my pics from my cf card...

wah...i feel like a software centre. what is your email address ironman?

Status
Not open for further replies.