Does lab nowaday still develop slides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
Nowaday labs usually send their slides to the factory and develop. Even labs like Colorlab don't develop slide no more, they will send it to factory.

Normally I paid $4 but now I got to pay $6 for a roll.

What about RGB or 35 mm? Do they still develop slides?

Thanks.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
there will always be some labs that still deveop slides

Ah Pao

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
www.facebook.com
RGB Color does slide processing (E-6 process), same day service if you send it in the morning, at $4.70 per roll (excluding any mounting or scanning). NUS students get discount.

ninelives said:
Nowaday labs usually send their slides to the factory and develop. Even labs like Colorlab don't develop slide no more, they will send it to factory.

Normally I paid $4 but now I got to pay $6 for a roll.

What about RGB or 35 mm? Do they still develop slides?

Thanks.
Colour Lab has always been charging $6, it's RGB that's charging $4 actually. No longer do slides since I do mainly digital now, so not too sure whats out there now. I am pretty sure RGB still does it. Nothing wrong if they send to factory anyway. ;)

Regards
CK

capa

Oct 31, 2003
www.silverkernel.com
Hi, how about processing 6x6 or 6x7 slides? Do you know who and how much? How about making prints from slides of those sizes? Got a feeling it will be very expensive.

Thanks.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
ckiang said:
Colour Lab has always been charging $6,Regards
CK
no lar, you kanna cheated already . it was $4 then $4.50 then boom $6 . nothing wrong if sent to factory ? It does matter :

1: more expensive if doing bulk developing .
2: longer waiting time. it used to be 1 day , now I got to wait 3 - 5 days.
3: quality control : i don't want my slides to have scratches.

ninelives said:
no lar, you kanna cheated already . it was $4 then $4.50 then boom $6 . nothing wrong if sent to factory ? It does matter :

1: more expensive if doing bulk developing .
2: longer waiting time. it used to be 1 day , now I got to wait 3 - 5 days.
3: quality control : i don't want my slides to have scratches.
As far as I remember, Colour Lab has been charging $6 unmounted for at least 2 years. Same goes to FotoHub. The only lab I know that charges $4+ is RGB, which has a turnaround time of about 3 hours.

The cheapest, fastest place to do slide processing is RGB. The other labs will take 2-3 days (at least before I went digital). Whether the slides will have scratches or not is independent on whether the lab send it to a factory. If the factory operator takes good care, that should not happen. If the lab operator never take good care, it will be scratched anyway.

I have not tried the Fuji factory in AMK(?) but people whom I know have tried it are pretty satisfied with the results.

Regards
CK

Necroist

Jan 27, 2002
www.ragingbox.com
So far all my slides are being developed at RGB. They are fast, only require, 2-3 hours before you can collect it.

Besides they offer discount to all students (not necessary NUS).

Colourlab's slides printing is not traditional printing right?

Necroist said:
So far all my slides are being developed at RGB. They are fast, only require, 2-3 hours before you can collect it.

Besides they offer discount to all students (not necessary NUS).

Colourlab's slides printing is not traditional printing right?
Nope. RGB's isn't either, if I am not wrong. Nowadays, most places do the "scan then print" method.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom