Does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I have some questions, maybe you guys can help me.
Qtn: Does a short sighted person have focusing issue without glasses on?

Thanks In advance

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
Diopter adjustment can be done on the SLR for correction for shorted sighted people. If I not wrong the even have attachment to the viewer for people with really bad eyesight. So it is possible to focus without glasses.

Last edited:

jonkk

Dec 29, 2006
Singapore

The dioptre should help with most required adjustments. The use of spectacles will negate the need for "correction" by the viewfinder's dioptre. However, I doubt it corrects for astigmatism though.

Another thing to consider is that, for some photographers.. they prefer NOT to wear spectacles when they put their eye to the viewfinder. I know at least one photographer who does this :) I believe it's a matter of personal comfort.

I personally wear my spectacles when I take photographs - with not much problem. However I somehow NEED to take off my spectacles when I use an ophthalmoscope. Perhaps the viewfinder is smaller in this case. (it's really very very small).

limwhow

Jun 9, 2009
Life revolves arOnd East Coast

The dioptre should help with most required adjustments. The use of spectacles will negate the need for "correction" by the viewfinder's dioptre. However, I doubt it corrects for astigmatism though.

Another thing to consider is that, for some photographers.. they prefer NOT to wear spectacles when they put their eye to the viewfinder. I know at least one photographer who does this :) I believe it's a matter of personal comfort.

I personally wear my spectacles when I take photographs - with not much problem. However I somehow NEED to take off my spectacles when I use an ophthalmoscope. Perhaps the viewfinder is smaller in this case. (it's really very very small).
Certainly one would need to take off whatever glasses when using the Ophthalmoscope. Not only is the circular viewing window small, one has also to go really close with eye nudging almost at the 'view finder' of the scope in order to gain a good wide view of the retina.
I guess maybe that is why we always remove our glasses with the scope.
I wear reading glasses. And i need them on when I am using the otoscope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom