Does Higher speed SD card increase reading speed from cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppie

Aug 13, 2009
I am currently using a Class 4 SDHC 8GB card from Kingston, i realise that review speed from the cam is slow, e.g. i wanna view my photos on the Cam, i use 25 images per page and it thumbnail update is pretty slow, does using a higher speed SD card like the Sandisk Extreme 30mb/s helps in this?

I also notice slowest when i plug it to my laptop, the thumbnail update speed is slow.

how fast is ur card rated?

personally, i prefer sandisk card n i hv an ultra.
can bring for u to try.
but it's rated speed is 15mb/s, while the new extreme is rated at 30mb/s.

for normal usage, jus use ultra...of course, i know u wan to try everything out there.
go ahead n get an extreme...hehehehe

I am currently using a Class 4 SDHC 8GB card from Kingston, i realise that review speed from the cam is slow, e.g. i wanna view my photos on the Cam, i use 25 images per page and it thumbnail update is pretty slow, does using a higher speed SD card like the Sandisk Extreme 30mb/s helps in this?

I also notice slowest when i plug it to my laptop, the thumbnail update speed is slow.

i think a cheap card reader would solve the problem... i got both class 4 and class 6 cards... when plug in to USB ports i don't see any difference in thumbnails loading speed between the 2 class... copying rate might be different but i never tracked, i always go bath or make coffee when the transfer started...

hope this helps...

i think a cheap card reader would solve the problem... i got both class 4 and class 6 cards... when plug in to USB ports i don't see any difference in thumbnails loading speed between the 2 class... copying rate might be different but i never tracked, i always go bath or make coffee when the transfer started...

hope this helps...

yeah, copying in PC not a problem actually but the problem is when reviewing pic on the cam, if i put 9 or 25 images per page, the loading is extremely slow :( to the point i forget it. I wanted to review the photos i taken to del those rubbish ones but using single pic is abit slow and i need to scroll many times.

depends how fast the read/write speed of the camera is....its something all manufacturers dont seem to like to advertise.

meaning its kinda pointless to have a 30mb/s card if the camera only reads/write at 8mb/s.

depends how fast the read/write speed of the camera is....its something all manufacturers dont seem to like to advertise.

meaning its kinda pointless to have a 30mb/s card if the camera only reads/write at 8mb/s.

yeah, that's why i want to post here to confirm before i purchase it.

Are you using the supplied cable to connect the camera to the pc?

If it's via USB, is your comp usb 2.0 compliant?

Are you using the supplied cable to connect the camera to the pc?

If it's via USB, is your comp usb 2.0 compliant?

no, i use my PC in build card reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.