Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

Marcusluvsgreen

Feb 4, 2012
Changi
I'm planning on upgrading but I have 1 problem, auto focusing. I know AFS has built in motor but what about AFG and AFD who do not have built in motors, does the d7000 have the autofocusing motor inside it

I'm planning on upgrading but I have 1 problem, auto focusing. I know AFS has built in motor but what about AFG and AFD who do not have built in motors, does the d7000 have the autofocusing motor inside it

are you looking at D700 or D7000? anyway, both camera can auto focus with AFS or AFD lenses.

You mean the D7000 or D700? Doesn't matter really, both of them have the motor inside.

d7000 haha :) just been looking to upgrade as a lot of my lenses are AFD and i've got a D3100 ):

Well, a D7000 enables all ur D lenses' auto focus, which is definitely a good thing. As for the D & G designation, firstly u can AF both type of lenses on D7000. Secondly, AF-S just happens to appear in many G lenses which people mistakenly thought they always come together.

Maybe you consider a d90 too? Sell your d3100 n get a used.d90 body? Think price dropping already.

But if can a d7000 would be a better upgrade

G and AF-D are two different things. G stands for gelded, which means no aperture ring = cannot use on the old film cameras. AF-S lenses got focus motor, AF-D got no focus motor and it use the focus motor in camera body to AF. AF-D should not be compared to G, they are two different things

And yes the D7000 has a focus motor in the body :)

G and AF-D are two different things. G stands for gelded, which means no aperture ring = cannot use on the old film cameras. AF-S lenses got focus motor, AF-D got no focus motor and it use the focus motor in camera body to AF. AF-D should not be compared to G, they are two different things

And yes the D7000 has a focus motor in the body :)

Haha actually AF-D is already 2 different things. AF means that the lens need a camera with built-in motor to autofocus and D means that the lens is able to communicate distance information to the body. There isn't really an AF-D, the 2 terms are usually separated.

Haha actually AF-D is already 2 different things. AF means that the lens need a camera with built-in motor to autofocus and D means that the lens is able to communicate distance information to the body. There isn't really an AF-D, the 2 terms are usually separated.

Nikon is troll.

You know the thread you started on D3100, where Spree86 listed a link to answer your question -- Nikon Lens Compatibility

I suggest you bookmark it. It's a comprehensive reference on Nikon body/lens compatibility, for DSLRs and film SLRs. Scroll down to "Digital SLRs" for the info on D7000, D700, D3100 etc.