Does Csers carry both Film and Digital SLR for outdoor shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE clicks clicks

Dec 5, 2005
With DSLR getting more and more popular, just wonder fellow Csers still cary along your film slr when you are out shooting with your dslr ? And mind sharing why?

NE clicks clicks said:
With DSLR getting more and more popular, just wonder fellow Csers still cary along your film slr when you are out shooting with your dslr ? And mind sharing why?

Cos my system do not have any Full Frame DSLR for me to buy.
:bsmilie:

Yes, sometimes.... especially when I shoot ppl that require me to develop pics for them or when I want to make comparison.:)

yup, sometime. Can't afford fullframe (also not available in KM), just to make use of the wide angle.

If I can actually obtain an old classic SLR down the track, it's something I might do.

madmacs said:
yup...my slr will either be loaded with slides or b&w film. :)

That's going to be quit heavy on the wallet...i usually load it with just superia xtra 400 films hehe...only once i tried velvia 100.

Sometimes only, not all the time. Troublesome to carry 2 bodies + 1 flash + 3 lenses + spare batts and stuff arnd :sweat:

Thats what I did this morning...brought along my SLR and DSLR for a walkaround shoot. Mainly used my SLR for those ultra wide shot, that my DSLR cannot take. The sound of a film SLR shutter and the film winding is still music to my ears:D

yes, i sometimes do carry both. just in case one fails. it's also quite interesting to compare the quality of two similar photos taken by both cameras.

For famlily outings, especially with my grand children, i carry a point and shoot digital. (coolpix 5400)

to accompany that, it's normally a Fuji GA, GS or if i feel really bo liao, a Toyo 4x5 Field loaded with type 55s...

;p

kelccm said:
Thats what I did this morning...brought along my SLR and DSLR for a walkaround shoot. Mainly used my SLR for those ultra wide shot, that my DSLR cannot take. The sound of a film SLR shutter and the film winding is still music to my ears:D

Can't agree more on the part whereby you say film SLR shutter and film winding sounds like music to the years. :)
Do you find having to carry cameras of totally different recording medium a hassle and need getting use to ?
How wide did you go with your Film SLR?

F5user said:
For famlily outings, especially with my grand children, i carry a point and shoot digital. (coolpix 5400)

to accompany that, it's normally a Fuji GA, GS or if i feel really bo liao, a Toyo 4x5 Field loaded with type 55s...

;p

Wah Fuji GA, GS or Toyo 4x5 Field :bigeyes:

What a combo !

NE clicks clicks said:
Can't agree more on the part whereby you say film SLR shutter and film winding sounds like music to the years. :)
Do you find having to carry cameras of totally different recording medium a hassle and need getting use to ?

For me, my film SLR is very light, so there isn't much weight difference. Of course, when I using film, I will pay more attention to prevent underexposure. And when using digital, I'll pay more attention to prevent overexposure.

I find that using film once in a while is good as it helps to slow you down and makes you think more about each shot. I will really pay much more attention to my metering and composition, and thats why you can really test out how much you have learnt. Of course most of the time I will use digital.

My widest lense right now is only 19-35, so most of time I will use the 19-28 range on my film camera.

Klose said:
Sometimes only, not all the time. Troublesome to carry 2 bodies + 1 flash + 3 lenses + spare batts and stuff arnd :sweat:

Sad but true.:( Not forgetting lots of film as well.

kelccm said:

That's y i liked the shutter sound too of my EOS 30 though the film rewind sound is virtually silent.

I tried the 30D at the IT show today and the shutter sound's the same as the 20D. I find the shutter sounds of DSLRs rather 'fake'.

kelccm said:
For me, my film SLR is very light, so there isn't much weight difference. Of course, when I using film, I will pay more attention to prevent underexposure. And when using digital, I'll pay more attention to prevent overexposure.

I find that using film once in a while is good as it helps to slow you down and makes you think more about each shot. I will really pay much more attention to my metering and composition, and thats why you can really test out how much you have learnt. Of course most of the time I will use digital.

My widest lense right now is only 19-35, so most of time I will use the 19-28 range on my film camera.

When i went to collect my first roll of slides at Ruby Photo today, the person told me that shooting with film trains u up to be more confident of yr shots so when using digital will be very easy. Also the quality of film is still better than any DSLR....are these true?

Status
Not open for further replies.