Does Creative (Our national IT Icon) produce anything good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maltese

Mar 21, 2005
Singapore
I'm just perturb after going to the new Marina Square Creative Tech on Tuesday to pick up something. Now before I share my experiences, ask yourself did you ever get anything from Creative that you are satisfy?

The musical keyboard and their headphone are so disappointing...their application is good but their QC seems to have so much problem. The muscial keyboard has time lag in playing notes and the $89 headphone sounds worst than my $30 sony brand that I bought 15 years ago!!!!!

well....wat is good...the service is good imho....my zen nano plus had a string of dead pixels...and i got it changed....new piece....when the svs staff said that they would call me in 3 days to update me...they really did...really appreciated it .....

other than that...i like my mp3 player v much..hehe...

i always like their sound card
X-Fi rocks

Last time bought 5gb Zen Micro & swear that i'll never buy another Creative MP3 player ever again...

Roughly 2 years later, I was attracted to the Zen Vision 30gb player as it can play video & most important of all, has a CF card slot. I thought i can happily marry watching videos, listening to music & a photo viewing all together... but the player works poorly as & MP3 player, the sound quality is bad too. Much worse than my previous iRiver H10. Battery capacity is poor too, watch 2 90mins movies & it is drained. Listening to music & looking thru photos also drains the battery big time.

Recently i can feel the hard disk spinning inside. There's vibration from the unit. The item is good only when viewed solely as a photo viewer & a portable hdd...

i bought their CD-MP3 player few years back and the within a few months, all the controls on the top panel cannot work. Sometimes it does.. most of the times it doesn't.. Was too busy to bring it back for warranty claims so i just left it there to rot.

Another friend bought 2 Creative tiny mouse for laptop with retractable cable. Buttons spoilt in 6mths. 2 mice was used by 2 different persons.

Used to own their "Modem Blaster".. I remember having a lot of problems installing drivers and making sure the resources do not crash within the board itself.

They made it big with the Sound Blaster series back then... but now, I think they are 'there but not quite there yet'..

My audigy 1 in my desktop PC is still running fine :) Also my muVo v200 is still running well even after slightly over a year of service.

OK to be honest, I am not quite happy with creative initially. Reason was the head jack issue on the creative micro was highlighted almost 10 months ago and they still selling it. I got that set which worked and broke after 2 weeks of usage. Creative's QC was really bad. The mp3 player is still lying on my desk as a HDD portable device instead. Instead I decided to give Creative a chance and bought the Highly recommended Creative Zen:M PMP. Wow, i would say that this time they did it right. After the firmware update, there's basically no bugs in it. I am quite happy with the new purchase. If you want to watch video and listen to mp3 on your way back to and fro work and u want portability, this hi-res PMP would definitely suit your needs. I am quite happy now.. :bsmilie: :angel:

sound blaster bagus..:thumbsup:

Their soundcard and their EP630 Earphones (OEMed though) which is cheap and good :)

i'm still using their sblive since it was released, very happy with them. but have not used any other non-soundcard products from them yet

creative PC speakers are cheap and good.

my vivid60 sound quality still as good for a budget speaker after 1yr and my Muvo v200 is running alright after 1.5yrs leh :think: except that the click on the batt cover broke:cry: use it nearly every single day summore unless i din go out

Been using creative sound cards since their original Sound Blaster (it was a huge ISA card). Must say the QA seems to be dropping. My Audigy 2 died after about 2yrs which this irritating popping and crackling noise. Didn't have much choice in the field of 3d positional hardware accelerated sound cards so i went back to them with the X-Fi. So far so good. Their cambridge megaworks THX isn't too bad though. Their low/mid-end speakers systems however, are total crap... especially the subs. Their MP3 players are quite crap too. Had a 1.5gb Muvo2 free from the starhub promo sometime back. Sound quality was horrendous. Worse than even the output from my PDA. :(

Their speakers are good (megaworks/gigaworks range). Soundcards more tailored towards gaming rather then movies :)

Creative is a big name in the international scene but actually it still has a long way to go if it wants to grow in strength. There are areas that it needs to improve on. A year ago, I bought a Zen Micro and I wasn't impressed from the onset. To start with, the set came with a pathetic instruction manual which was only about less than 10 pages and in a few different langauges. The instructions were very basic and no detail explanations on each function. In the end, I threw the manual away and learnt to use the various function thru trial and error. After a few months, the set broke down and I was in for a shock when I sent it to their service centre for repair. The place looked so much like a store room with a lot of part and boxes strewn all over the place. The air-con was down and customers had to sit on chairs that were no different from whose u see at funeral wake. There was a spillover and some customers had to sit on the chairs place along the corridor. The customer service officers called out the number and if u happened to sit outside and failed to hear it, then you miss ur turn. They didn't bother to check with those outside. I was told that they had been operating from there (in that kind of condition???) and would be shifting to another centre. I emailed to Creative about my unhappiness with the product and their customer support and all I got was a standard reply stating that they noted my points and would get back to me. That was the last I heard from them. Support local products and buy another Creative? Not for me. My Zen Micro is giving me problems again.

I have the creative travelsound 200.:thumbsup:

Bought it at one of the creative sale some time ago at $49.

It sound very good for a speaker that size.

I use it with my achos to get a pocket theatre.:bigeyes:

wrx_sti_22b said:
Much worse than my previous iRiver H10. Battery capacity is poor too, watch 2 90mins movies & it is drained. Listening to music & looking thru photos also drains the battery big time.

errr... if can watch 2 90mins movies in a single charge it is VERY GOOD. I have a ipod Video 60gb and a sony u8g and neither of them can tahan 3 hours of movie playback...

mega32 said:
I have the creative travelsound 200.:thumbsup:

Bought it at one of the creative sale some time ago at $49.

It sound very good for a speaker that size.

I use it with my achos to get a pocket theatre.:bigeyes:

You got the travel sound 20 for $49? Wow... I bought mine for around $150... then again, that was almost 2 years ago.

Creative is a mixed bag, yeah, their support is good, but their products are not too 'creative'. Besides their sound cards, most of their products are always playing catch-up (with the fruit - though they go for more features at the same price point). A lot of their products seem to be sourced from china from 3rd party manufacturers with the creative badge slapped on.

Ultimately, I think they need their own product and not play chase in the mp3 market.

Status
Not open for further replies.