Does CP entertain merchandise returns??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewmf

Sep 28, 2003
Visit site
Bought a Giottos MH-1000 ballhead. Looked quite promising. But when I tried it at home, it doesn't really live up to my expectations. Not much improvement to my benbo standard ballhead. Might've been wise to splurge and gotten the arca swiss type options out there in hind sight.
It's a personal opinion and preference so hope I won't get criticised. So, anybody has experience trying to return goods to them? It's new but has some marks already due to the design of the quick release platform (too difficult to put in words).

How old is it? If it's less than 7 days, and if you're upgrading, it might be possible.

If it's in perfect condition and the packaging is also in perfect condition, plus the above 2 conditions, i think you stand a pretty good chance.

If u get the arca swiss from them and if your ballhead and packaging is still in new condition they will trade in for you. But you should do it quickly.

Thanks for the replies.
Bought it only last night. But the arca swiss is too expensive and the acratech is out of stock. Was thinking of Markins M10. CP options are quite limited actually. Well, it's my dilemma, but thanks again.

hewmf said:
Thanks for the replies.
Bought it only last night. But the arca swiss is too expensive and the acratech is out of stock. Was thinking of Markins M10. CP options are quite limited actually. Well, it's my dilemma, but thanks again.

how much is the arca swiss?

hewmf said:
Thanks for the replies.

Ya I would recommend th markins M10 as I have one and have done the comparison of the 3. I would say it is as good in functions as the acra swiss and the price is as cheap as the acratech, if not better.

Papilio said:
CP gave me an over-the-counter quote of S$820 about 6 months back.

I settled for the Kirk Ballhead BH-3 in the end (ordered directly from US)

how much did you paid for the kirk? is it quite similar to the arca-swiss in performance and built?

rncw said:

how much did you paid for the kirk? is it quite similar to the arca-swiss in performance and built?

All-in about $520 or so. Had to pay the darned GST before I could collect it from the Post Office! :angry:

Probably cheaper if you can find others to do a MO with you (and save on the freight costs)

You can read about the Kirk here http://www.kirkphoto.com/ballheadbh3.html

The BH-1 is closer to the size of the Arca Swiss. The Kirk doesn't have the infamous lock-up problem of the Arca though, and is as solidly built. I got the BH-3 cos of my preference for a light ballhead. If you have the longer lenses, the BH-1 may be more suitable.

The Markins is a good alternative to these few brands. Even lighter than the Kirk BH-3.

I'll try and see if CP will let me trade up to the Acratech. If not, I'll probably get the Markins. :think:

thanks Papilio, will put the kirk into my consideration list

RNCW,
You wanna buy the Markins together?

hewmf said:
I'll try and see if CP will let me trade up to the Acratech. If not, I'll probably get the Markins. :think:

RNCW,
You wanna buy the Markins together?

still considering...i'm hoping to have a look at the markins before i decide. once of the members here is waiting for his markins to be delivered....lets see...

Maybe we can go see it together heh heh. I think it was Garion who ordered it...

Just came back from CP trying to return the ballhead for an upgrade. The guy there said no go... Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.