does clicking the shutter makes you a photographer ?

AkemiOgre

Oct 30, 2010
If somebody had an idea, planned it out and then asked his friend to help click the shutter because the photographer wants to be inside the picture, then who has ownership of the work? The one who planned it out or the one whom simply clicked the shutter? who is the photography now really?

Photographer *

In a movie, the script writer is not the cameraman, the producer is not the cameraman, the director is not the cameraman. Only the cameraman is the cameraman - but who cares about the cameraman?

Does clicking the shutter makes you a photographer?

Yes. If he knows to click the right button. :bsmilie:

crebgcpan.gif

i would say that the guy in the photo would be the artistic director, and the friend will be the photographer

If somebody had an idea, planned it out and then asked his friend to help click the shutter because the photographer wants to be inside the picture, then who has ownership of the work? The one who planned it out or the one whom simply clicked the shutter? who is the photography now really?

Ownership? I don't think there are any clear rules if you're talking about a casual thing between friends. If they're really friends, I'd go with shared ownership, unless something was agreed upon beforehand. I suspect, beyond that, it depends on who hires a better lawyer to argue who actually 'created' the work. :bsmilie: Spend a couple hundred thou each, then come to the conclusion that they're actually joint-creators ;p

If it's a work-for-hire situation, the agreement will usually specify that the hiring party will own the copyright. There are some who may share credit, if the assistant/camera operator has contributed significantly to the shoot.

listen carefully,

if my shots are mostly tilted, out of focus, motion blur, etc, it is call my style of artist expression.

if others are doing the same, it is call beginners' mistakes

With nfc, I can be the photographer myself. Like for passport photos, own time own target!

Last edited:

in general a photographer is anyone who clicks,even if selfies shots.

A photograph is the creation of a photographer. It should be seen differently from the act or method of taking a photograph.

Just make sure your "targent" stays dry. :bsmilie:

If not it's going to be messy. :bsmilie:

Auto correct by phone, should be target.

Owner is the creator of the idea. But if the creator has no camera and ask his friend to come down with his camera, it belongs to camera owner. Just my 2c worth.