does camera spoil if u dont use it for a long long time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mechanisms will rust/spoil through lack of use. It's a good idea to play with your flash/lens/camera once a month. I recently just took all my flash units and film camera out to just warm them up as... and good thing I did. One of my film camera was acting a bit erratic (FEE error, cannot close shutter, etc), but after trying for a while, the mechanism smooth out and became functional again. Ditto for the flash units.

My friend at one time have 5 nikon F3HP. Which 2 of them he don't use at all. When he try to sell them only to find one of them not working. Then sent it to shirro, the tech told the camera just die because he don't use it.:what:

We might have all heard of a term, 'Death due to neglect', but I couldn't say for sure if it afflicted such devices. A website describing various older film cameras tells of shutters getting 'sticky' with disuse, but it will warm up after doing a few dry shots.

Never exercise at all for one year, IPPT first attempt can get gold?

Sure cannot. Not only cannot, likely to die from the attempt. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

1. Store in a cool dry place.
2. Remove batt to prevent leakage.
3. Take the camera out at least once a month and operate it.
4. Every one - two years bring it for inspection by original retailer or Nikon Service Rep.
5. Service every three - five years.

Tofu_man said:

Sure cannot. Not only cannot, likely to die from the attempt. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Ooi! Don't say that lah...luckily I didn't die from the first attempt at IPPT despite not exercising for many years. Still cannot pass it, but thankfully it doesn't kill. :bsmilie:

Tofu_man said:

Sure cannot. Not only cannot, likely to die from the attempt.:

Haha :bsmilie: :bsmilie: No wonder now so many PES E... cuz they are avoiding suicide attempt on IPPT??? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Tofu_man said:

some can some cannot. Dun generalise that all will spoil.

i know of a certain brand of camera that gave me problems after a few months of non-usage in a dry box.

even for my house aircon, the aircon man say must use it occasionally. i think if buy camera must fully utilise it! up for nikon D70S! wont let my sit in the dry box and do nothing....

Ya sometimes really too bz to take my camera out for a spin.. So at night before I sleep, just take out and shoot some of my room's stuffs..:)

if u think about it...
those shops that stock cameras and lenses....
they keep in cabinets.... not dry box....

wondering if got shelf life or not ?
especially those in harvey norman, courts that dont sell that fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.