Does C700UZ have Preflash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark19

Jan 17, 2002
SG
If it does, is it possible to de-activate it?
Sign, just bought a sensor flash but found that its not very effective..
Images got even darker....:(

Originally posted by ark19
If it does, is it possible to de-activate it?
Sign, just bought a sensor flash but found that its not very effective..
Images got even darker....:(

hmmm, got pre-flash meh??
Unless in red-eye reduction mode...
otherwise, I don't remember it having pre-flash.

Actually I would prefer it to have series of pre-flashes so that it can assist with low-light focus, but it doesn't.

Which flash unit did you get?

how much did u pay for it ?
can take a pic of it and the cables? thanks :D

Originally posted by Tweek

hmmm, got pre-flash meh??
Unless in red-eye reduction mode...
otherwise, I don't remember it having pre-flash.

Actually I would prefer it to have series of pre-flashes so that it can assist with low-light focus, but it doesn't.

Which flash unit did you get?

Hi guys, after taking self-portraits of myself (thank goodness lens didn't crack!) to test the flash, I can safely concur that C700UZ do have Pre-flash!

Here r some pics of the "Sakure" flash...@$35 bucks..

This is the folded pic...notice the functionable hot shoe connection
front.jpg

Voila, the flasher is revealed!...can't really see it, but there's a led indicator and a sensor just below the flash.
flash.jpg

The back...there's a test button, tripod screw mount and a ASA/dist/exposure chart...the AA batt compartment is at the side.
back.jpg

Try to see can refund anot....if not maybe give my sis to flash those flasher! :light:

:cry:

Originally posted by mpenza
$35 is ex. I could have sold you a stronger flash for less.

Heng Ah, the Lao Ban Niang was very kind, refunded me when I went back today :D

You buying anymore slave flash? I also interested to get 1 for my c700uz. If you buying/aiming to buy, pls PM me and I may join you =p

Originally posted by Klause
You buying anymore slave flash? I also interested to get 1 for my c700uz. If you buying/aiming to buy, pls PM me and I may join you =p

After yesterday's lesson, I'd better research more before investing :embrass:

Check this digi-slave looks promising ;)

But abit ex @ US$99.95

Any suggestions?

Hi ark19

I went through the same experience as you. Bought a slave flash based on the shop's recommendation and then found out that there's pre-flash for C700. Got to go back to the shop and convince the salesperson abt his mistake (and hence the exchange of the flash).

I have also explore the option of getting the digislave but realised that those flash units seem to be normal Vivitar flashes fitted with their special electronics to accommodate the pre-flashes. Moreover, using slave flash means that your DC batteries will die faster...

I have since bought a Vivitar non-dedicated flash 285HV and the painfully expensive Olympus flash cable C B-04.

Quite happy with this ext flash setup, although sometimes I wish the flash is a bit smaller and has swivel head (besides the bounce head).

BTW, this setup is recommended by many folks at dpreview olympus forum.

Originally posted by HOCL
Hi ark19

I went through the same experience as you. Bought a slave flash based on the shop's recommendation and then found out that there's pre-flash for C700. Got to go back to the shop and convince the salesperson abt his mistake (and hence the exchange of the flash).

I have also explore the option of getting the digislave but realised that those flash units seem to be normal Vivitar flashes fitted with their special electronics to accommodate the pre-flashes. Moreover, using slave flash means that your DC batteries will die faster...

I have since bought a Vivitar non-dedicated flash 285HV and the painfully expensive Olympus flash cable C B-04.

Quite happy with this ext flash setup, although sometimes I wish the flash is a bit smaller and has swivel head (besides the bounce head).

BTW, this setup is recommended by many folks at dpreview olympus forum.

Hi HOCL,

How much did u pay for the 285HV and thee CB-04?
Seems like this is the choice for many folks with C700UZ...
But is it bulky?

the Vivitar 285HV is quite huge. It used to be widely used by professionals and is a very powerful flash.

you probably can go for a smaller and cheaper one.

Originally posted by mpenza
the Vivitar 285HV is quite huge. It used to be widely used by professionals and is a very powerful flash.

you probably can go for a smaller and cheaper one.

If only we can modify a hotshoe slave unit to signal on second flash, then almost all flashes could be used! :gbounce:

So how to get an external flash ? I need a bounce flash for my c700uz.

Originally posted by ark19

Hi HOCL,

How much did u pay for the 285HV and thee CB-04?
Seems like this is the choice for many folks with C700UZ...
But is it bulky?

I think I paid like $145 for the 285HV and $90 (Ouch!!) for a piece of cable (CB-04). You'll probably need a simple bracket (abt $20-30) to hold the flash and camera together.

Yes it is quite bulky. Like I said, I wish it is a little smaller ....

Originally posted by HOCL

I think I paid like $145 for the 285HV and $90 (Ouch!!) for a piece of cable (CB-04). You'll probably need a simple bracket (abt $20-30) to hold the flash and camera together.

Yes it is quite bulky. Like I said, I wish it is a little smaller ....

$90 bucks for a cable! Can buy another flash already!
Think I'll go for the modified flash proposed by Kamwai....

Status
Not open for further replies.