does brand matters when choosing a digital camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asheley

Jul 28, 2004
btw pentax,nikon & fujifilm???

which one is better & user-friendly?

I think the the question would like the others. What do you want to shoot? What is your budget? IMHO This kind of question is the most difficult to answer.

shoot pics of people like family etc.....of coz a small one is preferred...

functions, specifications & capabilities of the digicam matters more than brand

asheley said:
btw pentax,nikon & fujifilm???

which one is better & user-friendly?

my two cents: brand matters heaps. I choose canon. oh it's not one of the choices. ok sigh. I'd choose nikon then.

I am a starter and i use fujifilm, perhaps you don't buy DSLR first....

Good brand comes with good lenses, and lenses make up the integral part of the result u will get.

;)

budget no more den $700........just a camera to shoot pics will do...as long as user friendly

I think the key word here is user friendly.

if ur looking for user friendly, u might want to try the Nikon ones.. it seems like they have a few newer models out rite now... if i'm not mistaken u should be able to get a better deal at the comex fair...
just my tots ;)

Brand matters, in this area. A camera is an investment, no matter what level you are at. The ultimate goal is to record what you see. You invest in better equipment, the more assured you are of the (quality of the) recording.

Some moments don't come twice, you get what I mean?

Brands are there for a reason, especially renowed ones.

if u are talking abt those compact small Digital Camera...i would recommend a
Fuji F610... cost abt 700 and below if i`m not wrong... Good Color, User Frenly UI, but it runs on XD card... thats the bad pt..

y issit XD card not gd?pls enlighten mi coz i v lousy in gadgets........comex fair camera realli cheaper mehz?

asheley said:
y issit XD card not gd?pls enlighten mi coz i v lousy in gadgets........comex fair camera realli cheaper mehz?
ok put it this way

CF 128MB = <$50
SD 128MB = ~$50
XD 128MB = ~$100
MS 128MB = ~$80

price XD>MS>SD>CF
so when i buy DC i only buy those using SD or CF

latmo said:
ok put it this way

CF 128MB = <$50
SD 128MB = ~$50
XD 128MB = ~$100
MS 128MB = ~$80

price XD>MS>SD>CF
so when i buy DC i only buy those using SD or CF

wah now den i noe got so many types....i only heard of sd...how r those XD,MS,SD & CF diff besides the prices?????????

asheley said:
wah now den i noe got so many types....i only heard of sd...how r those XD,MS,SD & CF diff besides the prices?????????

speed
CF and MS Pro should be the fastest in theory ...
but for p&s camera you can ignore this part ......
physical size
XD should be the smallest and CF should be the biggest... but who care man....
memory size
CF theory max is 16GB if i am not wrong
and MS Pro theory max is 2TB
and it is all theory .... now the biggest memory card is CF 12GB(but thats cost you a hyundai martrix)

btw if you want to buy a cam less than 700
Canon A80 is a good choice
visit http://www.fotop.net/latmo my A80 album for sample

i recommend the nikon coolpix 3700 ...

it seems to suit ya needs....26 vari program i tink...wif good image quality....

use it to shoot anything from snapshots to fireworks...theres a mode on everything....
MP wise and zoom wise is standard...cant remember if its 3.2mp or 4mp...

3xoptical zoom 4xdigizoom..

I hv the chance to use quite a number of brand of digital camera cos all my friends buy different brand......
I hv used Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Sony, Casio, Olympus and Kodak.
I think Sony pic did not turn out very good.... Casio also......

Olympus, Kodak and Fuji pic quality quite the same .......... Fuji's setting are much easy to understand (best for those who r not technology savvy)....... Kodak and Olympus setting a little more complex den Fuji.......

Canon and Nikon pic are great..... Canon has a lot of function but most ppl will not care abt those function at all unless u r a pro....... Nikon's setting and function also quite similiar to Canon..... but these 2 brand are more ex..... Both are hving promotion now..... so u can get some goodies along wif it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.