Does border has a standard thickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

augeniz

Dec 10, 2002
North
Visit site
have sent my digital pics to 3 diff places to b printed n i requested for border for all of dem.

however, upon receiving, m disappointed wif 2 places at the way how they printed out the borders.

m wondering if there is a standard thickness set for the border? so far, i have seen "norm" borders tat shd b at 0.4cm thick.

wen i enquired wif one online printing site, the cust svc officer actually informed tat due to diff printer settings, theirs will b diff frm fuji processing labs. they printed the border at 0.3cm thick :( is tis true?

Border thickness is different from operator to operator, even if they use the same machine.

I once sent my pics to be printed at KT Imaging, and they have thicker borders compared to Grace Digital Labs. Both are FDI labs.

If you have a specific border thickness in mind, you can always politely ask the shop to see if they will allow a special case for you--most likely they will.

Standard border is 4mm around the image irrespective of Print size. Borders should be equal along all side of the image.
Fuji Frontier default is 4mm. However Border width can be adjusted for all or any print size.

Standard border is 4mm around the image irrespective of Print size. Borders should be equal along all side of the image.

so the standard is really 0.4cm rite? i emailed to adamphotos n their cust svc officer actually informed tat it varies n wen i asked dem isn't there a standard, they stopped replying to me. its the first time i printed pics frm dem n tis is the kind of svc i get :( i will nbr recommend any1 2 dem ever again :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.