Does body colour matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichibawa

Nov 7, 2006
Saw in a few B&S thread. Does the colour of the body matter to you? What if the camera is silver and not black in colour?

It's personal preference... but generally, black tends to sell better cuz it looks more PRO...

I like my body colour fair and my hair black, so far nothing to complain about. :)

Saw in a few B&S thread. Does the colour of the body matter to you? What if the camera is silver and not black in colour?

Some prefer the seriousness of black and not silver. Just a matter of preference. ;)

It's personal preference... but generally, black tends to sell better cuz it looks more PRO...

Thats why. The perception that black has a more professional look.

1. preference
2. battery grips dont come in matching silver
3. black heats up quicker under the sun
4. resale value

1. preference
2. battery grips dont come in matching silver
3. black heats up quicker under the sun
4. resale value

Does black have a higher resale value compared to silver? Like oriental cars vs continental cars?

It is probably due to this same perception that there is more demand for black bodies and thus the increased price

Thats why. The perception that black has a more professional look.

Does black have a higher resale value compared to silver? Like oriental cars vs continental cars?

IIRC there are some Leica cameras that comes in fanciful colored lizard skins..and they are very very ex.

I still dont understand why camera companies make black lens and silver body, they look unmatched when mate together.

IIRC there are some Leica cameras that comes in fanciful colored lizard skins..and they are very very ex.

Same for Nikon, a limited edition Nikon film body plated in gold. Saw it at Center Point.

imagined a skinned 400D....... hmmmm

black colour tends to endure better over time/use/wear.
Silver sometimes fade or change colour.

Just a personal thought.

how abt this..a Louis Vutton designed leather wrapped on a 1DsMK2n body?

i think that would go better on an ixus850 or sony T10 for the girls

for guys - carbon fibre dSLR shell. super light, super strong, super sexy.

actually...come to think about it, that may not be such a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.