Does Apple iBook support screen calibration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've used Eye-One on iBook/PowerBook.

If you want to use for image editing, suggest you get a PowerBook, the screens are better. Once you place a iBook beside the PB, you can see the contrast, colour differences already.

As for more suitable for editing... I don't know, I work off both my PB and PC.

i see. if iBook is inferior, then I will just remain with my windows laptop
for a while, since the plan only gives out an iBook, screen too smal also.

iBook is 'inferior' compared to PowerBook, but still much better than a Windoze Notebook :sticktong

Wau !!! tempting, should i dump my X31 for ibook !?!

espn said:
Yes, I've used Eye-One on iBook/PowerBook.

If you want to use for image editing, suggest you get a PowerBook, the screens are better. Once you place a iBook beside the PB, you can see the contrast, colour differences already.

As for more suitable for editing... I don't know, I work off both my PB and PC.
hi espn is it hard to do the calibration ? what else do i need to perform the calibration ? think i will go for the 12" since u need something small to carry around

Besides that, is the photo editing software boubdled with the system or
buy separately?

S11loop said:
hi espn is it hard to do the calibration ? what else do i need to perform the calibration ? think i will go for the 12" since u need something small to carry around
Nope, if you have the Bak-Jiu, bring it down to NUG tonight, I can show you how to calibrate on Mac and pass you the latest EyeOne Match v3.2a for Mac.

I just calibrated mine last night.

dRebelXT said:
Besides that, is the photo editing software boubdled with the system or
buy separately?
Photo editing tools? You mean PS CS? Nope, seperately sold. Student (no pun intended to student) version going at S$469.

iLife '05 comes bundled with all new iBook/PBooks.

espn said:
Nope, if you have the Bak-Jiu, bring it down to NUG tonight, I can show you how to calibrate on Mac and pass you the latest EyeOne Match v3.2a for Mac.

I just calibrated mine last night.

Photo editing tools? You mean PS CS? Nope, seperately sold. Student (no pun intended to student) version going at S$469.

iLife '05 comes bundled with all new iBook/PBooks.
yo bro ... havent got mine yet , if should be getting this sat so once i got it can u show me the way next time round ?:)

S11loop said:
yo bro ... havent got mine yet , if should be getting this sat so once i got it can u show me the way ?:)
No prob... it's quite simple. Catch me at NUGs.

S11loop said:

Before you get the 12" powerbook check the ibook side by side. I believe that they use the same screen. Although I've seen both of them, never ever put them side by side, but subjectively, i still prefer the 15" powerbook screen.

brian said:
Before you get the 12" powerbook check the ibook side by side. I believe that they use the same screen. Although I've seen both of them, never ever put them side by side, but subjectively, i still prefer the 15" powerbook screen.
Nope. Definitely not the same screen.

The 15" as I mentioned earlier, yes, still a better screen than the 12" PB. But PB's screen (12", 15", 17") is still better than any iBook.

pBook LCD is of a better quality than iBook. However, an iBook LCD still beats any wintel laptop LCD anytime. Better than most desktop LCD too.

dRebelXT said:
i see. if iBook is inferior, then I will just remain with my windows laptop
for a while, since the plan only gives out an iBook, screen too smal also.
Inferiority is a state of mind my friend.

Of cos, being a Mac user for 5yrs and a PC user for like 10yrs (since the days of MS-DOS 4), I can tell u that I'd never been more productive on my Mac. Be it my personal hobby, doing mundane stuff right up to OS knowledge.

If u're one who likes to bring ur stuff when u travel, get da iBook.
The Powerbook, I must say, feels good but it feels to fragile to the touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.