Does anyone use manual SLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to downright agree with you on hearing the 'click' and 'shing' of the manual camera's shutter and winder!!!

really orgazzzz ahhhhh!!!!! ;)

Originally posted by rostov
Yar, my manuals must use B mode for night shots. Then no choice hor? I'll train a few rolls on various outdoor night shots for experience.

*sigh*

Off Topic : if anyone were to video cam me manually counting off seconds in B mode with one finger on the manual cam, they would see a monkey clinging tightly unto anything (railing, tree branch) ... just to avoid finger shake.

shouldn't you be using a tripod and cable release?

actually, I think trial and error with a few rolls for night shots is very good for understanding the film you're using. Remember that different films have different results when it comes to reciprocity failure.

As for equipment wise, here's my setup:

FM2
Nikkor 50mm/f1.8 AF
Nikkor 35mm/f2 AIS
Nikkon 28-105mm/f3.5-4.5 AF

regards.

Originally posted by desmondwong

i'm sure most cameras have a built in light meter. be it the simple one like the FM2 or a more sophisticated one like the FE2 or F3. just follow it and after a while, you'll know what to use under what circumstances. :)

Actually, the light meter of the FE, FE2, FE10, etc are totally unusable in low light. Cannot even be seen. :( The FM2's +/o/- lightmeter is at least LED driven. I am not even sure if they are accurate under such low light or not - my guess is they are not.

Experimentation and experience is the best. Take several shots at different exposure settings.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by rostov
sbs99 : Er.... I dunno if you're doing it, but in case not -- you know you can clean your dirty camera pretty well right? I've seen the following used by my dad :

1) autosol for metalic parts
2) surgical alcohol for non-metalics.

I dun really clean my camera....hehe. Only remove dirt which are visible, anything else...it stays, got more character. Heheh
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.