Does anyone use Kohjinsha laptop as portable storage on travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
Was wondering if this is a good option with Kohjinsha SA1F00....

i dun mind it being a little too small to type or the screen too small to view. considering against the OTG with viewer, e.g. epson P3000.

i'm wondering

1. can it power a external 2.5" HDD, so that i can store a copy of my files in the laptop, and a copy in the external HDD?

2. does it use the same kind of heavy weight adaptor that most laptop used, e.g. 200-300g?

3. can it open raw files on CS2 for viewing without crushing the system (xp)?

those are my main concerns. of cos other advices would be good too.

for RAW files you need to upgrade ram
other than that, I dont see any problems

however if you need quick down load while shooting
those OTG is better since they download like 1 min for 1GB or something
While the Kohjinsha takes much longer and is more suited for downloading back
at the hotel etc

Still there is no device that download fast enough and still offer viewing
I dont know how much fast the EPSON 3000 but the 2000 is impossible

for RAW files you need to upgrade ram
other than that, I dont see any problems

however if you need quick down load while shooting
those OTG is better since they download like 1 min for 1GB or something
While the Kohjinsha takes much longer and is more suited for downloading back
at the hotel etc

Still there is no device that download fast enough and still offer viewing
I dont know how much fast the EPSON 3000 but the 2000 is impossible

i have been using those non viewer OTG, but there is much insecurity. in the end, i always bring a laptop (compaq 12" 1.6kg) together with OTG and portable HDD, which is still kind of heavy and bulky, including their chargers.

i'm thinking of epson but which is kind of expensive for my purposes. so i thought of kohjinsha, which serves as a word viewer too (i can do some reading and studying). yah, should be downloading at hotel, as i would want to reduce weight on the go, and would bring more sd cards instead (already have 8-9GB for nikon D50: 5MB per pic).

i have read something like replacing the 512mb to either 1GB or 2GB in the single slot, think 1GB is <$50 but 2GB>$100+. and should be easy to slot in or can ask shop to do...

and how is the SA series (2nd hand $800) compared to the SH6 series (1st hand $1000+, probably up to $1200+ for Ram upgrades)?

Use both models before. I would say avoid SA as much as possible. Keyboard and screen are CMI. My friend who bought the SA from me when I upgrade to SH has to send for servicing twice because the screen can't work (touch screen can't work). He told me that staff mentioned it is a common problem for SH series.

For SH610 which I'm using, I have to downgrade to XP as it is very slow to boot up or shut down with Vista. The touch pad is not very responsive but still usable. The screen alightment problem is also not as serious as SA. More important is that you can really use the keyboard to type your document. Running CS2 on my SH610 without much problem. However I'm encountering problem with my wifi which sometimes wouldn't activate when I switch it on.

I read that a new series will be coming in soon so people selling their SH series. You might want to wait for it.

Use both models before. I would say avoid SA as much as possible. Keyboard and screen are CMI. My friend who bought the SA from me when I upgrade to SH has to send for servicing twice because the screen can't work (touch screen can't work). He told me that staff mentioned it is a common problem for SH series.

you mean common problem for "SA" series?

For SH610 which I'm using, I have to downgrade to XP as it is very slow to boot up or shut down with Vista.

oh, so both SH6 and SH8 runs on vista? i thought only SH8 is on vista with people downgrading it at a cost from the shop.

I read that a new series will be coming in soon so people selling their SH series. You might want to wait for it.

thanks for letting me know. i'm on travel in june, so hopefully that option is good for me in some time to come.

you mean common problem for "SA" series?

oh, so both SH6 and SH8 runs on vista? i thought only SH8 is on vista with people downgrading it at a cost from the shop.

Yup, SA series. That was what the staff told my friend when he sent for repairs so I also not 100% sure.

Both comes originally with Vista but I read that XP version is also for sale. My was originally Vista Home Basic so I downgrade to XP pro.

Yup, SA series. That was what the staff told my friend when he sent for repairs so I also not 100% sure.

Both comes originally with Vista but I read that XP version is also for sale. My was originally Vista Home Basic so I downgrade to XP pro.

gd. i think i will wait. thanks.

by the way, who's servicing kohjinsha (return via PA mart or ....?)

Status
Not open for further replies.