Does anyone here......

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT-Fied

Deregistered
Jan 11, 2009
In e Western part of SINGAPORE
Hi all!! I was wondering... does anyone here "personalise" your cams?? I have a fren who like stuck diamond stickers and other cartoon stickers and those wrist straps and stuff all over her P&S... does anyone here do stuff like that to their dslr or other equipment?? (maybe spray paint the cam in camouflage colour to do marco or nature photography??)

I was going thru the threads and looking at cam straps too... anyone have better ideas how to customise and make their own straps??? and not just some boring mono coloured ones??

Let's get creative ppl and maybe come up with some wacky ideas to spruce up our cams!!!

PS... sorry if such a thread has ever been created... just couldn't seem to find something like that..

Last edited:
i use sand paper to polish all my lenses to make them more shiny after i buy them

it is especially useful for the front element and rear element..

sometimes when the sandpaper is not good enough, i use a sharp tool, like a knife or a screwdriver.

how's that for personalising? :heart:

i use sand paper to polish all my lenses to make them more shiny after i buy them

sometimes when the sandpaper is not good enough, i use a sharp tool, like a knife or a screwdriver.

Wah... I would very much like to see you do it on your lens one day :bsmilie:.

Wah... I would very much like to see you do it on your lens one day :bsmilie:.

I tried once on al old Sigma lens with a SHARP point of a key. The key just kept on slipping off the surface of the front element. The glass and coating had no visible damage. :bsmilie:

OMG!

I never knew there was life aside from HAAAWWTTT PEEEENNKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

http://www.surplustape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PGPU2

Might resell my gears later..... I don't think the buyer would like stickers or anything else on the gears he's/she's buying..... :sweat:

You might want to try an angle grinder.

I find it cuts the time right down, especially on those larger 300mm L pieces of glass :bsmilie:

Er..not good leh, you will have light losses. I think by removing all the elements from the lens, especially those tele lens you will not have any light loss so it will literally be a f1.0 lens. :think:

i normally use shrink wrap over my camera for protection
for lens, i tape the original Styrofoam around it
so don't need to worry if i drop it

i normally use shrink wrap over my camera for protection
for lens, i tape the original Styrofoam around it
so don't need to worry if i drop it

For cushioning the camera against shocks:

400D.jpg

i shoot with my entire camera and lens in bubble wrap. i've got a 5x magnification glass before my lcd for my failing eyesight. i'll occassionally kiwi the camera to its original blackness too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.