Does anyone Geo Tag their photo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo

Sep 1, 2004
Blue/Green Planet
Hi,

As the title mentions, does anyone imbed the Lat/Long info into the exif on your photo's ?

Does anyone use the Picasa3 with Google Earth combination for Geo Tagging photo's :dunno:

I have done it to a few photo's taken last yeat in Nepal and Tibet just for interest sake.

If someone wishes to, they can bring up where they were taken in Google Earth and such other programs.

I now cary a Son'y GPS for logging the data when out taking photo's in various locations and marry it ip with the photo's when I get back.

Thus locating them on local maps.

Cheers :)

Hi, As the title mentions, does anyone imbed the Lat/Long info into the exif on your photo's ?

Does anyone use the Picasa3 with Google Earth combination for Geo Tagging photo's :dunno:

I have done it to a few photo's taken last yeat in Nepal and Tibet just for interest sake.

If someone wishes to, they can bring up where they were taken in Google Earth and such other programs.

I now cary a Son'y GPS for logging the data when out taking photo's in various locations and marry it ip with the photo's when I get back.

Thus locating them on local maps.

I'm doing something similar to what you have done, only thing is I'm using the A-GPS (Assisted GPS) function within mine iPhone for geotagging.

I'm geotagging my photos for a couple of months now and I really like it. iPhoto '09 on the Mac is my photo management tool.
In the beginning I was looking for a dedicated GPS logger, but finally I went for an iPhone app (I have an iPhone 3G). This turned out to be a cheap ($5), easy-to-use, all-in-one solution. The app not only tracks my location, it also geotags my photos (over WiFi), so I don't need a geotagging app on my Mac.

The app (GeoLogTag) also integrates nicely with Flickr and is updated regularly with new features.

Thanks for your replies, 9V-Orion Images and Greyson,

Does any one know that that they can Geo Tag photo's taken earlier if they know where the photo was taken.

This will imbed the position on earth into their photo exif ???

It is very easy.

Simply post and ask and I will tell you how if you don't know.

All you need id Picasa 2 or 3 and Google Earth.

Been geotagging my travel photos for over a year now...

Hardware:
dedicated logger Qstarz BT-Q1000X

Software:
GPSPhotoLinker OSX
Travel Recorder PC Utility V5 WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.