Does anyone else use Starhub here?

wildcat

Sep 8, 2004
Bedok
And encountered like, super lag, over the past two-three days? It's across the board, local and overseas sites, and even Starhub's own webpage, morning and evening (even in the middle of night 2am) so I'm trying to pin it down to either my block area, or it's a Starhub wide issue.

Mmm.. I am a starhub subscriber as well.

Sometimes my ping always randomly timed out quite often. Not those regular timed out but those err... more lasting timed out..

I hope you get what I mean >_>

i am. not problems with heavy downloading.

Yeah, figured it was probably more my block. Surviving now coz I stuck my mobile device and using that (faster :rolleyes:) in the meantime while they figure out what's the problem. Imagine their own utilities.starhub.com not downloading or page not loading (intermittently) when I was asked to test by them

Thanks for the replies.

have u asked starhub to do a soft reset ?

No idea but both technical assistance who helped me didn't. I was asked to switch off and on my modem, etc. which didn't really help because I always off it when I leave my home in the morning anyway. However I did forget that it has been (permanently) connected to a router and had to re-connect that direct to the comp. It didn't help either.

utilities.starhub.com is intermittent also. Two out of three attempts will stop halfway.

No idea but both technical assistance who helped me didn't. I was asked to switch off and on my modem, etc. which didn't really help because I always off it when I leave my home in the morning anyway. However I did forget that it has been (permanently) connected to a router and had to re-connect that direct to the comp. It didn't help either.

utilities.starhub.com is intermittent also. Two out of three attempts will stop halfway.

Call 1633 etc etc .. then ask them to do a soft reset on their side. This resets their side.

No idea why, but the problem has resolved itself last night already. Was planning to call them if last night still got problem... :rolleyes:

Back to normal acceptable speed ;p
(I still miss the days of trial when we were transferring at insane speeds, especially upload :bsmilie: )

hmmmm, then should i change to ST after i moved house ???

switch to ST hp and tv...

become good friend with ST...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

And encountered like, super lag, over the past two-three days? It's across the board, local and overseas sites, and even Starhub's own webpage, morning and evening (even in the middle of night 2am) so I'm trying to pin it down to either my block area, or it's a Starhub wide issue.

both ST and SH the same. there was a thread on this not so long ago.

I do encounter intermittent issues with my SH line last 2 weeks but was better now. ST has its own set of issues as well. My office is under ST biz line 2mbps and sometimes it loads like a 56kbps...

An update since Starhub called me up yesterday, apparently to explain how their technician found "noise" along my line and has fixed that on Friday (and it was fixed because night time I found my connection normal again). He said to call them again if such things happen.