Jan 17, 2002
How long can DC pixels last?:(

Jayan

Jan 18, 2002
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by fusetrips
How long can DC pixels last?:(
The CCD should last at least a couple of years...maybe longer. It all really depends on usage.

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002
Is it expensive to change the CCD?

Jayan

Jan 18, 2002
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Is it expensive to change the CCD?
Very...when Dc out of warranty....so now if can fix everthing.

I thot u brought ur c-2100uz to Oly SG yesterday liao????

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002
Originally posted by Jayan
Very...when Dc out of warranty....so now if can fix everthing.

I thot u brought ur c-2100uz to Oly SG yesterday liao????
Alamak! I got the CCD fixed but the LCD at the back of my DC can see some dots... sigh. I am wondering whether should I get it fixed as well?:angry:

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002
Originally posted by mpenza
remembered reading that someone mentioned about 40k pics.
Hmm... I think if that is the case, the good old film slr is still better.:confused:

Jayan

Jan 18, 2002
Hougang, SG
Visit site

Alamak! I got the CCD fixed but the LCD at the back of my DC can see some dots... sigh. I am wondering whether should I get it fixed as well?:angry:
Care to elaborate?

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002
Care to elaborate?
Jayan, the picture output is fine but I can still see some dots on the DC's LCD. Any idea what happened?

Jayan

Jan 18, 2002
Hougang, SG
Visit site

Jayan, the picture output is fine but I can still see some dots on the DC's LCD. Any idea what happened?
Is it that no matter how u shrink/enlarge/move the image in playback mode the dots still stay in the same place on the LCD???

If yes, this means the LCD has dead/stuck pixels. ;)

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002
Is it that no matter how u shrink/enlarge/move the image in playback mode the dots still stay in the same place on the LCD???

If yes, this means the LCD has dead/stuck pixels. ;)
WAH!!!! This is damn problematic liao leh...:( They managed to fix the hot pixels within the DC but I happened to discover the LCD pixels only after I brought it back home.:cry:

Jayan

Jan 18, 2002
Hougang, SG
Visit site

WAH!!!! This is damn problematic liao leh...:( They managed to fix the hot pixels within the DC but I happened to discover the LCD pixels only after I brought it back home.:cry:
It's ok for me....I get 1 or 2 in my EVF and LCD too....but as long as these don't mess with my pix I can live with them.

With millions of transistors on a chip barely 1 cm across I think it's ok....even LCD PC monitor also sometimes got dead pixels.

So ur CCD hot pixels prob fix liao lah???

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com

It's ok for me....I get 1 or 2 in my EVF and LCD too....but as long as these don't mess with my pix I can live with them.

wah! you don't mind?!?! I would check at the shop and change until I get a perfect one..... dun want to spend close to $1k and yet have an imperfect product...

Jayan

Jan 18, 2002
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by mpenza

wah! you don't mind?!?! I would check at the shop and change until I get a perfect one..... dun want to spend close to $1k and yet have an imperfect product...
Actually didn't notice until one day I took a closer look!!!! :D

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002

Actually didn't notice until one day I took a closer look!!!! :D
Maybe I too "CAT" liao.:D No choice leh.. what mpenza said is correct lor.. spending this kind of $$$ gotta get at least a decent product leh.

Status
Not open for further replies.