Does acupuncture works?

Only if the doc pokes you in the right place. Ouch!

Sion said:
Anyone has tried acupuncture and found it working?

Depends on what u r suffering from.

Acupunture does work. But it's NOT a magic bullet for everything hor

I had personal experience. I sprain my fingers and Acupunture cured it

First few time I did acupuncture, I wanted to laugh out loud as I was being poked... So it kinda works. After that go back sleep like baby

umm poking in any place is a call for "ouch"

Sion not sure why acupuncture ? any specific ailment you trying to cure ?

Right elbow because of overworking the muscle Photoshopping and the joint of right shoulder as I can't lift the right arm high without pain.

Found a GP with acupuncture qualification.

Last edited:
Right elbow because of overworking the muscle Photoshopping and the joint of right shoulder as I can't lift the right arm high without pain.

Acupuncture will then offer temporary relief.
If you have the elbow and the shoulder hurting then this is more a case of Severe Repetitive stress injury. either your posture or your computer gear or your worktable is seriously flawed.
You need to review that first and get it sorted.all the best and hope you get well soon
[h=1][/h]

Acupuncture will then offer temporary relief.
If you have the elbow and the shoulder hurting then this is more a case of Severe Repetitive stress injury. either your posture or your computer gear or your worktable is seriously flawed.
You need to review that first and get it sorted.all the best and hope you get well soon
[h=1][/h]

I changed from mouse to tablet which worked better now. It's just the hours working on PS are too long.

I had my first session of acupuncture and felt better. The doc connected the needles to electrical pulses.

Last edited:
Good move with the tablet :) it helps quite a bit especially for the wrist . But still check the height of table along with your chair height. coz it looks like your arm is not getting the support it needs.

have tried. mmmm, it depends on the skills of the TCM physician. and how many needles you can take.. mine also use heat, beaming directing at those points.

it doesn't really helps. only temporary relief. anw, will continue the treatment , and sees if there is long-term benefit.too early to conclude.

"五十肩"? I have similar problem too, but left arm. Can't lift left hand high compared to the right arm. My TCM say due to my posture at work and bed too soft affecting the back.

"五十肩"? I have similar problem too, but left arm. Can't lift left hand high compared to the right arm. My TCM say due to my posture at work and bed too soft affecting the back.

I have ultrasound done to it. The doc said it was Frozen Shoulder. I think I might have injured my right shoulder when I was young. The older I get the more pronounced the pain.

After the first session of acupuncture I can now lift the arm up without much pain. I need to go to do the treatment twice a week.

i have an uncle who does Tuina (whatever that is but i know it's some sort of Chinese physical thingy), as well as Acupuncture. He's got a Masters in TCM.

and i know it works because when i was younger and misbehaved, he always managed to make me sit still by threatening to poke me with needles :bsmilie:

Sion said:
I have ultrasound done to it. The doc said it was Frozen Shoulder. I think I might have injured my right shoulder when I was young. The older I get the more pronounced the pain.

After the first session of acupuncture I can now lift the arm up without much pain. I need to go to do the treatment twice a week.

Tuina works for this. The acupuncture is not a must for this but helps in the pain relief.

Frozen shoulders are quite common. Bad posture is main cause. Must get it fixed, else restricted arm movement becomes permanent and movements becomes painful.

Need to do stretching and exercise to reset the muscles that have shrunk. Swimming the front crawl helps. Relying on tuina and acupuncture alone will be a slow process.

Sion said:

Whatever treatment u are getting, a good diet is important to ensure painless in the future. Got to avoid certain food such as cold drinks, ice.

Anyone has tried acupuncture and found it working?

Acupuncture helped in management my pain pain from a slip disc previously.
That was in addition to a concoction of painkillers that my orthopaedic surgeon prescribed.

sion, this the early sign of frozen shoulder, 肩周炎,
I suffer the same as you and went to see Chinese Sensei
yes, acupuncture can help to relief the pain and you need to continue the treatment.
you can do some
exercises to help to improve your condition.

Last edited:
I changed from mouse to tablet which worked better now. It's just the hours working on PS are too long.

I had my first session of acupuncture and felt better. The doc connected the needles to electrical pulses.

...... a good TCM practitioner can effectively use acupuncture or Tuina (massage) to clear the blockages in your body. These blockages result in poor blood and Qi circulation and cause you pain ......

Hey ........ the electrical pulsation must have done you some good ..... never seen you act so serious in this forum before leh ....... ask the doc to up the intensity .....and make you shimmy like a belly dancer ....... :bsmilie:

Ya, better treat early. My pain went to minimum when I go for two weeks holiday, but came back after I returned to work. If only TCM sensei can issue MC each time I go and see him hehe.

Acupuncture helped in management my pain pain from a slip disc previously.
That was in addition to a concoction of painkillers that my orthopaedic surgeon prescribed.

Can recommend which TCM sensei is good for slip disc? My GF has slip disc problem, the TCM sensei she seeing went back to China for holiday last month. Thanks!