Does a lousy phptographer have the right to critique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenzi

Mar 25, 2005
I am a lame photographer...do I have the right to critique?

What do you think?

<Darn I can't even spell photographer right...>

dr34mc4st3r said:
you never say, who knows?
Well if I criticise a pic, should I feel bad if I can't do any better?

Anyone can be a critic.
In this world even a non-musician can be a music critic, etc, so why would you feel bad about voicing out your opinion even if you can't do any better?
Actually you can even learn something out of your own critiques as well to improve yourself as a photographer.

Why do u phase it in another way, does a lousy photographer have the right to post?

kekekekke

kenzi said:

What do you think?

everyone can critique, the next question is, how much value the critique given holds

eikin said:
everyone can critique, the next question is, how much value the critique given holds
:bigeyes: Deep...

I feel anyone and every one has the right to critque..to each his own...to each his own:D

knowing what is right is one thing
being able to do that is another thing

(obviously, with the former one can do the later better)

are all the soccer commentators good at soccer? (well, some are, majority don't even know how to kick the ball properly)
Must some writter be better at banana shape free kick than Beckham to critisize his lousy performance of a match? ....

:)

i'd say it slightly differently: ... the next question is, how much value ppl (author of the pic and others) take from the critique
Ppl tend to take the same comment from newbie and pro differently, which is natural ....

ps/OT:btw, i dunno why Beck came by in my mind as an example, nothing against him, just don't like the guy and it seems my fav Real never won anything eversince he came

Andry said:
knowing what is right is one thing
being able to do that is another thing

(obviously, with the former one can do the later better)

are all the soccer commentators good at soccer? (well, some are, majority don't even know how to kick the ball properly)
Must some writter be better at banana shape free kick than Beckham to critisize his lousy performance of a match? ....

:)

i'd say it slightly differently: ... the next question is, how much value ppl (author of the pic and others) take from the critique
Ppl tend to take the same comment from newbie and pro differently, which is natural ....

ps/OT:btw, i dunno why Beck came by in my mind as an example, nothing against him, just don't like the guy and it seems my fav Real never won anything eversince he came

Yes I agree with you. A commentator need not necessarily be a fabulous footballer to be able to critique a player's performance.

The critic while offering comments should also welcome comments.... Perhaps one should have no fear of sharing...

kenzi said:

What do you think?

a lame photog is not necessary a lousy critique.

Yes, why not...But phrase it right..
Its a good way to learn. If they cannot take it ,then its them who is probably too sensitive.

eg.
Bad/1. Why the photos you shoot all so out of focus and no head!?...
Good/2. May I know why did you choose to shoot them OOF and cropped the top portion?Thks

The above just a quick eg lar..;)

Anyone has the right to criticise a photo. Photographer or not.

BUT base ur critic constructively and defend the reason behind ur criticism.

Anyone can be a critic, but the value of a criticism lies in the reason behind the criticism and being able to get the rationale behind it, not just blindly criticise like say, "No good. Lousy." and when asked, "Why?" an absolute lame reply like, "Becos its no good! Dats why." comes.

That's criticising for the sake of it. Non constructive and can be thrown in the trash can, TOGETHER with the one issuing it.

if u ever post a crap pic and commment on others .. u kena wack up down left right :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.