Does a Kata 465i/466i look too big on a girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceantoofar

Jul 6, 2010
Hi there, I am eyeing the kata 465i/466i but it looks pretty big to me. I am a pretty tall and slim girl. Do you all think this bag will look too big on a girl?

Would appreciate some advice! Thanks!

personally i dont like the shape of the bag because its too squarish, thus not looking trendy.
it will look less bulky because the bag is not thick.
hope that helps

Are there any trendy looking bags that u can recommend? I have been looking at the various popular brands and I tot this one is less boxy and less manly as compared to the rest..... tks!

personally i dont like the shape of the bag because its too squarish, thus not looking trendy.
it will look less bulky because the bag is not thick.
hope that helps

Are there any trendy looking bags that u can recommend? I have been looking at the various popular brands and I tot this one is less boxy and less manly as compared to the rest..... tks!

national geographic bags !! imo, they're the best looking ones out there.
though the price and protection wise may not be as ideal.
go vivocity check out :)

Hehe I m using flipside at the moment.... But I like kata 465 coz it has got a roomy top compartment for personal stuff.

So has anyone saw ladies carry kata 465i/466i before? Does it look ok or oversized??

Tks!

i think flipside is nice!

It's too ex for me and I think they look better on men haha

The kata 465&466i are one of the least squarish backpack. Tamrac, nat geo and think tank are the squarish ones. Vanguard is not too squarish but too bulky for the ladies.

If you are taller than 170cm, 466i should be ok. I suggest u should give it a try at artworkfoto or tkfoto. Leave the air bags in there when trying to feel the size it can fill and how it fits on you.

I am using the 466i and love it…but i'm a guy at 170cm and it looks ok on me.
It however does look big on my wife who is 155cm tall. I like the fact that i can fit my camera, extra lens, accessories as well as a tripod on the holder on the outside…it carries everything i need to and it's quite comfortable…and i bought from Challenger Funan which had a good member price. If this helps :)

Yeah, agree that this bag is one of the least squarish backpack around .... I did try it out at Harvey Norman at Funan ... but they didnt have a mirror hahah so i couldnt tell if it looks ok on me ... then I went to TK Foto as well ... also din see a mirror around ..... and alot of the other shops I called dont have stocks for 465i ....

Yeah i am taller than 1.7m .... on my back, it feels good ... just that i find the bottom part tooooo wide ... i think almost as wide as my backside or even wider hahah ... so i dunno if i will look funny with such a big backpack or not .... :p

The kata 465&466i are one of the least squarish backpack. Tamrac, nat geo and think tank are the squarish ones. Vanguard is not too squarish but too bulky for the ladies.

If you are taller than 170cm, 466i should be ok. I suggest u should give it a try at artworkfoto or tkfoto. Leave the air bags in there when trying to feel the size it can fill and how it fits on you.

Last edited:
Are you slim or big size (as in wide?) If you are slim and 1.7 and it looks ok on u, i think it shld be ok for me bah? :)

Lady at 1.55m, i am sure the bag will be too big hehehe ... yeah i like it coz the top compartment looks very roomy ... and overall looks pretty much like a normal backpack ...

I went to Challenger yesterday, and they no longer carry the DR series. .... cant find any DR-465i/466i/467i .....

Anybody knows if $105 for a 465i is a reasonable price? There arent many shops selling this model ... the only 2 I found carrying this quoted me $105 and $145 .... and amazon selling for approx S$110 inclusive of shipping.

I am using the 466i and love it…but i'm a guy at 170cm and it looks ok on me.
It however does look big on my wife who is 155cm tall. I like the fact that i can fit my camera, extra lens, accessories as well as a tripod on the holder on the outside…it carries everything i need to and it's quite comfortable…and i bought from Challenger Funan which had a good member price. If this helps :)

I dont get the hint! U mean theres a mirror there is it? hahaha

I called them yesterday though ... they do not carry 465i.

Hint is given, I shall mention it again. Go artworkfoto, you might thank me later :p

If you are looking for Nat Geo bags, go to TK or K13, they are cheaper than the Nat Geo shop

most important is that the bag suits your gears and you are comfy carry it.. ;)

It does fit my gears and feels comfy .... now the only thing is i dunno if it looks oversized on me or not :p

most important is that the bag suits your gears and you are comfy carry it.. ;)

Go with a friend and get him/her to photograph you with the bag? :)
But just be aware that some shops may frown on you doing so.

well, they might not have a mirror there. but their price should be quite attractive. Try the 466i
It's a nice size.

suits you well, just get the bag and dun looks back.. no one on the street will come up to you and tell you " you got an oversized bag". :D enjoyz photography

I found the last piece of 465i with reasonable price on the phone today n reserved it. Gotta go by tues to buy it else they will sell it. So not much chance to find a friend free on a working day. So that's why posted here to hear everyone's views hehe

Go with a friend and get him/her to photograph you with the bag? :)
But just be aware that some shops may frown on you doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.