Does a Freelance Photographer need to register a Business ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d12go4

Aug 23, 2004
Hi All

Hope this is the right location to raise this query :sweat:

Does someone, who has a fulltime 9 to 5 job that has nothing to do with photography, but does freelance photography on weekends and evenings (taking weddings and portraits) to cover his Photographic expenses, need to register a Business for his Freelance Photographic activities ?

Thanks in advance

MANoj

no necessity.

Technically all forms of business in Singapore which generate income must be registered.. But if you don't get caught, its ok..:)

Ahhhh..the old Army COC Number 6 ;)

Thanks

MANoj

aaron80 said:
Technically all forms of business in Singapore which generate income must be registered.. But if you don't get caught, its ok..:)

Supposed to register. Also supposed to pay income tax. Of course in reality if you are earning less than say 10K a year on this then don't bother lar. Also if you are charging that high (you could go as high as 50-60K a year), then customers would of course want to see a registered co. number on your invoice/receipt (esp for paying deposits). :)

Don't think that freelancing means kacang kacang, not only in photography, i know of someone doing web that is earning nearly twice that of her normal day time professional job (but then really no life lar). Even for Hifi I know of one who is a real serious freelancer earning serious money (no registered biz though...ha!). Come to think of it, car tuning/modifying too.... no registered biz.

Thanks 2100.

MANoj

d12go4 said:
Thanks 2100.

MANoj

No problem. I'd say go full steam ahead and focus, I never knew that I have the potential in this. One fine day you may find that Photography reaps more benefits and $$$ than your regular job. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.