Does a 80 ltr dry box consume high energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowlizard

Oct 19, 2004
Can anyone tell me if it's advisable to get a 80 ltr dry box, does it consume high energy? only using to store a SLR, digi cam, negatives, photos.....

Can't answer your question directly, because different brands will use different dehumidifying units that consume different amounts of electricity. Best thing to do is to check out the ones that fall in your budget range, and get the specs.

Another way of looking at it is :

1. What is your alternative ? Sealed box with silica gel ? Cannot control humidity too well, either not dry enough or too dry.

2. Leave your stuff outside ? Not good as well, in this humidity.

3. Do you need an 80 litre ? A smaller one, for obvious reasons, will be more economical to run, as well as to buy.

Don't think it consume much electricity, I have just added a 80 litre dry box about 2 months ago to my 2 100 litre and never notice any increase in electricity usage.

you do not have to worry much about power consumption of electrical appliances unless they are related to cooling or heating (anything that deals with heat eats up lots of power!)...:D

its really low... it uses a thermal electric cooling device which is really efficient for small volumes... hence its application in dry cabnets... not houses...

To all who took the time and effort to reply my mail, thanks lots. I've bought the 80 litre dry box and I'm happy with it. Now i can store my cameras with style hee hee. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.