Documentation in Cambodia

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pawzii

Hi everyone...
the name's Pawzii... I'm new here...
Learnt about this forum through some friends... :D
I have just browsed through some of the threads and boy... there's so many things to learn from all of you! :bigeyes:

Well to cut to the chase...
I have a Expedition to Cambodia this December and I am eagerly seeking for participants who are into videogrpahy/photography and are passionate in giving the people of Cambodia a ray of hope. If you have a keen interest in Pottery and loves adventure... then all the more this Expedition is for you! Visual Arts/Design/Marketing major individuals are highly welcome too!

The Expedition name is called: Project Clay
Expedition dates: 1st to 18th December 2003
Application deadline: 20th Oct 2003

However, due to the limited preparation time, interested individuals are encouraged to send in their application as soon as possible, so that you can be included in the mailing list. There will be a briefing for all applicants shortly once we receive sufficient applicants. More details of the briefing will be made known to the applicants closer to the briefing date. Interviews may be conducted if response is overwhelming.

Hmmm... wondering how can I post a word document here? so that I can provide you with a brief introduction...
well, if you wish to find out more or have any further queries,
you can contact Ms Pam Wan via email: pawziiclay@yahoo.com
For more information on SIF, please visit http://www.sif.org.sg

Cheers...
Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Pawzii :)
Project Clay Expedition Co-Leader

Hi there,

I'm not interested in pottery but I could make use of my lousy photography skills there. Can I still join?

I believe I can do a photo story there and educate the people here in Singapore how lucky they are.

hello chyeo... :)
Nice to meet you...

Sure you can!!! well to give you more info...
Project Clay is set to be a two year project.
Basically the expedition is to build a pottery kiln and a workshop (house) of dimension 10m x 30m x ~6m...

And over one weekend, we'll be heading to visit an old monk's collection of pottery. And this is where I really need some help - we would like to give the potteries collected new labels and to begin documentation via means of photography (digital/positive)...

And one of the weekends, we're hoping to organize a community interaction day whereby we'll play some games with the locals :D

And since this expedition is the first of it's kind... I would really like it to be documented too... moreover, we'll be staying among the villagers, sleeping i a traditional Cambodian house (once in a life time man... :cool: ) and in between two temples!!!! :what:

if you are keen in taking this worthwhile and exciting adventure... pls do email me and I can send you the application form... :D (cos I still dono how to insert file into this forum... :p )

Email: pawziiclay@yahoo.com
Cheers!!!

Pawzii :)

Can you send the documents to lifesux_80@yahoo.com.sg? Thanks. I'll try to ask around and see if my friends are interested. Thanks.

By the way, the Project will be in Bakong... a small province not far from Siem Reap... so... if time is on our side, we'll be able to visit Angkor Wat... am I wetting your appetite yet??? whahahaha :D

pawzii said:
By the way, the Project will be in Bakong... a small province not far from Siem Reap... so... if time is on our side, we'll be able to visit Angkor Wat... am I wetting your appetite yet??? whahahaha :D

Cool... hope I'm not tied up by school activities. When are we flying over? Flight charges borne by?

hi there..im also interested in their way of life...would appreciate if you could revert to my PM the details too...

regards

Just email-ed you... :)

currently the Expedition dates are set to be from 1st to 18th December 2003... (peak season over at Cambodia)

We'll have to do some Fund Raising ourselves before we head over to Cambodia... Though we're supported by Singapore International Foundation (SIF)...

Cos we're not from any Organisation... We welcome anyone who are keen to join us :)

While we're in Singapore, we'll need handle some stuff as well... mainly fund-raising, Designing of Expedition & our Cambodia Host's Trademark and a marketing survey sheet to be used in Cambodia to assist our host in marketing the handicrafts made...

sure sure... I'll gladly do so...

Thank you so much for your attention :D

I can help out in anything in Singapore but I can't make it for the expedition to Cambodia.
Guys, don't worry about the costs as it'll not be high, few hundred bucks i reckon. pawzii, PM me if you need any help, I can help you upload the forms etc to my website and available for downloading, as for others matters concerning the preparation etc, anything you need help, let me know too, I try my best.

Cheers

by the way if you have cable... do watch national geographic now!!! they are showing CAmbnodia and our Cambodian host is in the show!!!

Will be looking forward to your email. Thanks. Hope details like dates and costs are included. :)

OT here, I feel that those who are interested, pls find out the details and consider it carefully and seriously, it's very disruptive, disturbing and problematic if you are going to pull out after you are selected into the project.
My tiny 2 cents :)

mmm... indeed...
so should you have any further questions do feel free to ask me...
I'll do my best in feeding you with info... :D

so sorry... but may I know how may I attach word files to this forum?? :sweat:

hey old buddy old pal...

its been a while since i came to this forum and its a first to see u here too.... haha... hopefully u already have lots of response for ur project... and guys out there who think that the project is interesting... i can assure u that IT IS!!! :D

its a real good experience and those who have no commitments should seriously consider :think: joinig the project yeah... really worth while i guess... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers
jeffrey

refer to my earlier post, you need to upload to a website first.:)
pawzii said:
so sorry... but may I know how may I attach word files to this forum?? :sweat:

jeffrey said:
hey old buddy old pal...

its been a while since i came to this forum and its a first to see u here too.... haha... hopefully u already have lots of response for ur project... and guys out there who think that the project is interesting... i can assure u that IT IS!!! :D

its a real good experience and those who have no commitments should seriously consider :think: joinig the project yeah... really worth while i guess... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers
jeffrey
hey... old buddy old pal!!!
so nice to see you here... :D

meng said:
refer to my earlier post, you need to upload to a website first.:)
ops... missed out on that part... :p sorry about that..
Would you be so kind as to help me please? So do I pm you the files? or email?

Status
Not open for further replies.