Do you wear a photo vest when shooting ?

Do you wear a photo-vest on leisure shoot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE clicks clicks

Dec 5, 2005
This question spring to my mind....
Do you wear a photo vest when you go for photoshoot outing? (this question are targeted towards more for leisure shooting, not professional paid photo shoot eg. wedding shoot)

Please share your opinion of why you choose to wear or not to wear one?
The pros and cons that you think affects your decision. Any other comments is also welcome.

I did consider getting one before, but the weather in Singapore militates against any additional layers of clothing outdoors.

A good backpack/slingbag will serve you better :)

Sorry for some typo error in the poll

for option 2. it should be---> Yes, it makes me look more pro when wearing one.

for option 3. it should be---> Yes, its good for keeping warm.

for option 4. it should be---> No, makes me too prominent.

Last edited:
Nope. Too hot, too troublesome, makes me stand out even more.
Not even overseas

Ryan

Do you wear a photo vest when you go for photoshoot outing? (this question are targeted towards more for leisure shooting, not professional paid photo shoot eg. wedding shoot)

Please share your opinion of why you choose to wear or not to wear one?
The pros and cons that you think affects your decision. Any other comments is also welcome.

Have a Tamrac vest, going to sell it when I get in the mood. Very very convenient when you got filters, batts and cool shitz around, but it makes you stick out like a sore thumb, plus it does get a little warm. Since then I've moved on to as lightweight as possible.

Urban areas:
My bare minimum gear is camera+lens, cam strap, spare cf card in pocket. No bags. It's been through bad weather this way, I love my D200 + 16-85.

Bushwalking:
Add a bag to hold water, food, maps etc.

Wildlife photography:
As per bushwalking but adds a 70-300VR in a Skin 75 pop down attached to my belt.

HMM~~ have been finding got a Nikon Vest but cant seems to find 1 thats y can get to wear even thought i will choose 1 if i have it!!

You better get one and wear it if you are serious in photography. Keeps everything you need on ya body even when you chasing ya subject. :thumbsup:

Lol... I feel that it looks kinda ugly wearing one...

No... cause I dun have one XD

It makes you look stupid and screams out "Photographer with valuable goods!". :/

Hmm~so do u know where do I to get the nikon vest?

try NSC.

I have a black one from a Big Walk event a few years back.... ;)

Wore it once to a Shape run event and they thought I was one of the official photographers... :bsmilie:

yes i do...pretty convenient having this and that easily accessible.

I did consider getting one before, but the weather in Singapore militates against any additional layers of clothing outdoors.

A good backpack/slingbag will serve you better :)

i see that you have bought new toys to play with but you still ain't improving alot given the amount of funds you have. good effort for the food photography part.

events part... keep trying harder :)

i don't wear cause don't have 1.. anyway wearing that look pro loz.. :bsmilie:

i just a hobby shooter that all, no need to waste this kind of $$$.. better save it for lens.. :bsmilie:

i wear t shirt and shorts only. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.