do you verify your cd after burning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
as cd writers get faster... do you burn off the information one-shot, without verification, or do you verify them? a 48x writer can finish a cd under 3 minutes... but with verification, maybe 4 1/2 minutes? which isn't too far off using a 24x writer or something...

so how much do you really trust your cd writer? i don't trust the media, that's all, so i run the verify... :D

If I burnt it with good quality cdr, I dun border to verify. But with cheap cdr, normally I will do it. I used TDK DVD combo, so for never spoil my cdr(s).. ;)

i used TDK but i still check if i would have to send the CD off over to someone else. just dun trust technolgy sometimes.

Use better quality CDRs like those with super azo material ;)

Normally I do not verify per se as in using the 'verify after burn' option. What I do is to use file explorer to access the files. That should be good enough for verification purpose....fast.

yes, almost everytime. unless i'm rushing for time.

showtime said:
i use imation cds and do not verify

Same... I use Imation discs, usually burn files that are about 600 - 700MB. If can open and transfer back to HDD means ok....

I must have distributed more than 500 CDs already, so far all no problems. I do not verify. Using a mix of Maxell, TDK, Verbatim and Imation.

Status
Not open for further replies.