Do you use your dome for lightsphere II?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
Just wondering, I dun use the dome for my lightsphere II, firstly troublesome, secondly, quite hard to put on.

Only when no choice, then I put it on.

Can all lightsphere users share their experience?

Actually, my gut feel is have to put on all the time because HDB flat ceiling is low.:dunno: then when go outdoor, can use direct with dome on. Correct?:dunno:

ya i dun ever take it off too....eh...lightsphere as fill flash in BRIGHT BRIGHT light is pretty useless....juz direct also can...

I don't wander around the camera shops much so can someone tell me where I could look at one and buy one locally? I saw the website...it looked pretty good...photo results that is.

Cathay photo have in stock the Photojournalist at $70.Not sure if it's the correct spelling.

But have you all, when go direct, get warm light, but bounce get white light?

sammy888 said:
I don't wander around the camera shops much so can someone tell me where I could look at one and buy one locally? I saw the website...it looked pretty good...photo results that is.

Its not for looking good lah, infact it makes you very clumsy. ha ha

i've been using the LS2 for quite sometime ever since the first M.O started by weekh. i've shot in the night outdoor with it and never once did i put the half dome on. maybe once, when i pointed it direct but the result is lousy, looks like something off a omni-bounce and that is highly unacceptable to me.

thus i jus tilted the flash head slightly angle it at some 45-60degree and adjusted my flash compensation. it works and the result's lovely.

in indoor situation, i jus adjust the aperture and use the LS2 dome-less. it works flawlessly. much better than bounce-cards, omni-bounce and all that jazz.

the original LS2 is semi translucent and i would say that the flash output might be weaker as compared to a transparent one such as the LS-PJ.

perhaps if ur shooting style(with LS2 for flash photography) is pretty much like mine, u might be interested to get the latest LS-PJ for events and keep ur LS2 for doing mainly portraitures outdoors or indoors(i find the skintones with the LS2 slightly warmer and more pleasing - on my S2 and SB800 - you might get a different result esp. with Canon and other makes).

however, take extra care when transporting ur LS-PJ to and fro. it took a while for its shape to get back to its original state.

LS2 is one of my best buy in a photographic accessories, if applied properly. highly recommended!
:thumbsup:
the LS-PJ will be seeing much more action now! BEST BUY!!!

good buy! best buy! BUY! BUY!! BUY!!!

i juz changed from sb600-sb800 using the same lightsphere...but i noticed tt the sb800 now tends to underexp more than the 600 used to...even when everything is on auto....anyone like to confirm this??

OT a bit: does anyone know whether the material (clear vinyl) used to make LS PJ will turn yellow with time?

Virgo said:
OT a bit: does anyone know whether the material (clear vinyl) used to make LS PJ will turn yellow with time?

anything will... esp plastics...

try not to store it around kitchen area... oil & such, also dun put it inside the dry box...

uhoh. DCA why shouldn't one put it dry box?
Better tell my friend liao =S

QX

sammy888 said:
heh I have no problem with the look of the product ...I have in the past used worst looking stuff to diffuse my flashes.

I actually had a few curious "uncles"and "aunties" asking me if that from some toilet-cleaning equipment...while shooting weddings. ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.