Do you use you left eye or right eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverspear

Dec 1, 2009
Hi Peeps!

I know this may be a silly and unconsequential question, but just the other day, i was commenting to my wife that my right thumb is too fat, and she asked why, and i said i use my left eye to see the viewfinder, and i cannot see the viewfinder properly sometimes cos my right thumb presses against my cheek...

She laughed at my hysterically.

For the next few hours, everytime she took the camera to shoot something, she'll purposely SLOWLY put her left eye to the viewfinder, and happily take the photo... , as if to tell me her thumb is slim... ;(

So.. do you look at the viewfinder with your left, or right eye? :cool:

(And how do i create a poll for this thread??)

Hi Peeps!

I know this may be a silly and unconsequential question, but just the other day, i was commenting to my wife that my right thumb is too fat, and she asked why, and i said i use my left eye to see the viewfinder, and i cannot see the viewfinder properly sometimes cos my right thumb presses against my cheek...

For the next few hours, everytime she took the camera to shoot something, she'll purposely SLOWLY put her left eye to the viewfinder, and happily take the photo... , as if to tell me her thumb is slim... ;(

i think there's a similar thread on this somewhere in the main section.

but anyway, my master eye is left eye but i shoot with my right eye. must be the army training.

although sometimes on a long assignment shoot i shoot with my left eye so i don't have to squint so much. but i always can't get the camera position correct.

I am a right hander.
If use my left eye for the view finder, I will be suffocated when my nose is blocked between my right hand and the camera back.:bsmilie:

i think there's a similar thread on this somewhere in the main section.

but anyway, my master eye is left eye but i shoot with my right eye. must be the army training.

although sometimes on a long assignment shoot i shoot with my left eye so i don't have to squint so much. but i always can't get the camera position correct.
My right eye is my muster eye, i aim the M16 with my right eye but I shoot with my left eye when using the camera.

I'm a right handed with left master eye, shooting with my left eye for more than three decades have no issue at all.

anyway.. check this out.

[vid]EDsx3-FWfwk[/vid]

Wow..interesting technique for left-eye shooters..thanks Catchlights =)

Hi Peeps!

You cannot create a poll here yet. You need to be registered for more than 30 days and have 50 posts.

I shoot with my left eye. I'm a right handed with left master eye.;)

Right handed, right master eye, but I shoot (camera) with left eye. Occasionally I may use my right eye, but it's happening less and less.

I thought people who shoot with left eye usually have more of a problem with their noses pressing against the LCD screen. First time I hear about a problem with the right thumb...

I thought people who shoot with left eye usually have more of a problem with their noses pressing against the LCD screen. First time I hear about a problem with the right thumb...

No wonder when others tested my cam & lens during Pentax Outings, there were marks on the LCD.

I am a right master eye but due to problems with my right eye, I had to use my left. No problems with it. When I first converted, I instinctively use my right eye but now have adjusted. :)

Right handed, right master eye, but I shoot (camera) with left eye. Occasionally I may use my right eye, but it's happening less and less.

maybe cos k-x is smaller than usual? so my right thumb has to fight with my cheek for space :bsmilie:

No wonder when others tested my cam & lens during Pentax Outings, there were marks on the LCD.

I'm usually quite conscious of how near my nose gets to the LCD (don't like to keep wiping LCD), so I hope I haven't been one of the culprits... :sweat:

does it matter? right eye or left eye, as long as it can shoot good pictures, it is a good eye =D

Depending on how you see it, I shoot blind or with both eyes open. :bsmilie:

I shoot from the hip, hence the reasoning.

For normal shooting, right master hand, left master eye.

I think if you shoot with the left eye, it somehow gives a more confident look since the other half of your face won't stick out and the peeps that your shooting at will see how you squint. ;) I dunno but i feel that way. Lol.

Left-eyer, all the way.

Hmmm... so many left-eye-ers here...
Makes me just feel like converting to one, and bring more tissue papers to wipe my LCD...

Status
Not open for further replies.