Do you use laptop to edit photos?

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
On the laptop screen or desktop monitor screen?

If laptop screen, in what situation?

I use my 3 year old MacBook Pro. Its 15 inch and its fast enough w 8 GB ram. And yes, i connect to an external monitor, but mostly to multi-task. I use the Mac's screen as its more accurate colors (for me).

I dont use professional calibration tools. Hope this helps.

No.
Because don't have lap top.
I think if you do not need the portability of a lap top, usually the desktop monitor will be superior. (assuming you specially chose a good one).

The beauty of desktop monitor is that you can change it to a better one. With a lap top that is usually not possible.

I use laptop screen until fed up. Colours & brightness may be inaccurate. 14inch also too small to adjust overall sharpness of images. More panning required as well.

I've not been using desktop for many years already, currently I'm using a Macbookpro 15 inch retina which is absolutely wonderful, 16GB ram so its pretty fast for me. I've not calibrated my screen though since its just a couple of months old.

yup, using my Mac Book Air 13 when i'm travelling. If not, its still the good old desktop I prefer.

I've been editing all my photos in MacBook Pro.
So far it's doing very good and friendly to me. :D

After edited the photos and i'll transfer all the photos into my Portable Hard Disk to save space for my laptop.

I am now using a gaming laptop for photo editing. 17 inch 90% color gamut Full HD screen calibrated with Spyder and with an i7 second gen CPU. 16GB RAM. The softwares are loaded onto the 500GB SSD and all working very well and speedy. Don't think this helps much for photo editing but the laptop also has 2 AMD 7970 GPUs running in crossfire confiq.

The color and effects turn out to be accurate and good enough after publication and when viewed on other desktop systems and Mac screens

using a gaming laptop as well, the razer blade 14" but the 1600x900 display is kinda tuff on the LR5 Develop mode coz more scrolling but otherwise i like to be able to do all my edits on a laptop due to its mobility