Do you use hood for indoor shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobie

Jan 29, 2007
Pardon me if this is a stupid question. Do you use hood on your lens when shooting indoor? I mean if there are other photographers shooting the same subject as you (e.g. in a museum), will the unwanted flash from the other camera (esp. from those besides you) pollute your shots like causing glare so use hood to block off? Because I never see any photographers use hood on indoor shots before lor.

Pardon me if this is a stupid question. Do you use hood on your lens when shooting indoor? I mean if there are other photographers shooting the same subject as you (e.g. in a museum), will the unwanted flash from the other camera (esp. from those besides you) pollute your shots like causing glare so use hood to block off? Because I never see any photographers use hood on indoor shots before lor.

It's not necessary but I keep it on all the time anyways because I like the way it looks on my lens. :lovegrin:

Put it on or off, as per your reference. The last thing a cue-ed in photog needs is to be conscious of his eccentricities.

it helps. esp if in a enclosed areas, where there are spotlights shning or strong lights.

I always wear lenshood indoor or outdoor (if the lens have it). It help to protect my filter from accidentally knocked or fingerprint.

OT side, Photography with flash may not allowed in museum since the UltraViolet ray from flash can damage the painting further.

Regards,
Arto.

OT side, Photography with flash may not allowed in museum since the UltraViolet ray from flash can damage the painting further.

Regards,
Arto.

is that so, :eek: i did not know flash got UV rays, a first for me. learn something new.

I keep my hood on for protection also.... there are many people who will bump onto my lens.

is that so, :eek: i did not know flash got UV rays, a first for me. learn something new.
The spectrum of light from the flash is depend on flash tube. It can contain UV rays and IR rays as well.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.