Do you think you have control over your future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know have control or don't have control? :)
I know that I am the only one responsible for everything that is under my control.
No one else.

In this life you can only control your own actions, so why not just.. Make the most out of it while we still can? =D

As for your question, it's not that I am too used to the Singaporean JC way of writing GP essays, i.e. to sit on the fence bigtime, but I'd say that you have a certain extent of control over your future.

Granted, there are EXTERNAL factors which may come out of the blue, which may throw your path off course, even turn your life topsy-turvy. But what one can do about it, most of the time anyways, is to make choices to steer it back on course, or as you see fit.

Of course, no one, not even you will ever know whether the choices you have made are the best, but it doesn't really matter doesn't it. Because time only moves forward, at least with the current state of technology. And not surprisingly, for the things you feel regret about - it's always on hindsight.

in a way yes

yes in certain sense

sure lah.....everybody have control of future what....

suddenly if you want to wear pink shoes... just wear loh......:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

your future is what you make of now.
but a collective's future is what the collective make of now.

for example, when there are enough people wanting to go OT in a thread, the thread will go OT :)

some things i can control, some i cant... :bsmilie:

why 'think' of something that hasn't even happen yet?

the future is but the ongoing process of various multiple influences and factors that come and interact together to produce a result(s), intricately and inseparably. which will in turn become an influence of another result, and so on.

despite Man's noble claim and pretense of "we control our own destiny", what we do and who we think we are - are nothing but a humble part of this elaborate web of interactions. no one factor can happen without the influence of another. without paying homage to this realisation, we will forever be grasping at the futility of 'total control'.

like what night86mare said, just know - and do, as a member of this world.

hey, how's that for a midnight bullsh*T! :bsmilie:

Right now I have controll over YOUR future :devil:

Well for a few seconds at least...

How ? you ask:dunno:

Simple, I reply :cool:

I have you reading this don't I....

No matter how much control we have in our present, our future, our way of life... Death is the eventual end point in the physical life of any Human Being which we do not have absolute control on.

So control freaks, u see, u can't have ur way all the time. :bsmilie:

No NO no nO no No NO nO

I suppose if I have my hands on the right levers then I have control ...

You have control over choice.

Choice determines action.

Where the action leads to, depends on the situation which may be beyond your control.

And all that determines the future.

E.g.
I choose to go to the zoo on Sunday (my choice).

I decided to cancel my other appointments, clean up Bigma, and charge my batteries (my action).

On Sunday, when stepping out of the house, it rained (the situation).

I ended up staying at home to watch a rerun of Heroes (the future reality, relative to today).;)

We can't really control our future. We can only steer toward our goals in the future. So many unpredictable parameters that will affect our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.