Status
Not open for further replies.

siron

Mar 18, 2002
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
http://www.aviationpics.com/app/app.htm

Well to me, it is NOT REAL!
Firstly the turbulance built under can send humans flying!!

Secondly the sound of the JET engines not to mention 4 for a 747!!! That alone can make a person go DEAF permanently!

So what is your views??
(some pple keep insisting to me it's real)

for the pic at Kai Tak run way....i have seen a similar incident right in from of me..

i have a relative staying very very near air port last time, just a street across and it is air port already

he brought us to the roof top of his building and i wonder how he can withstand this kind of noise every day (during peak hour, plane take off and land every 30s to 1 min

the plane was so near to the building until i can see pple inside the windows

i took some pic with a 35mm P&S camera and i saw this Quantus airplane landing...suddenly..there was a strong wind and the nose , which was pointing straight ahead, suddenly pointed to the left and the plane wasn't parallel to the ground anymore

the plane was abt to touch the ground and i saw smokes coming from the wheels....i tot some thing bad will happen already, luckily the pilot manage to pull the plane up and the plane fly around the air port one round before attempted to land again.

the real accident is like this....while i was climbing down from the rooftop, my Sigma P&S camera knock on the railing...and the camera died on the spot...

Originally posted by siron
http://www.aviationpics.com/app/app.htm
Well to me, it is NOT REAL!
Firstly the turbulance built under can send humans flying!!

They are genuine.. for more shots of Juliana International Airport visit the following sites..

Full landing sequence from 2002

Landing sequence 2

More photos 2

yet more photos 3

Originally posted by siron
Secondly the sound of the JET engines not to mention 4 for a 747!!! That alone can make a person go DEAF permanently!

The actual noise a jet makes on landing or takeoff is determined by quite a few factors, including the aircraft's takeoff or landing weight, the descent slope used (or ascent slope), prevailing wind conditions and the type of jet engine being used and so on.

As for the Kai Tak Photos .. well they are real too, have seen quite a few close shaves when the airport was in operation.

Yes, they are likely to be real.

Err.... theoretically, there shouldn't be much turbulence underneath the wing, else, there'll be a serious lack of lift, which is how a plane flies in the first place.

And no, you dun go deaf for turboprop engines tthat commercial airliners use. International noise rulings place very great emphasis on the amount of noise an airport can generate to pass a certain standard.

Maybe you get the idea of going deaf from fighter jet engines. Then again, they're loud, but the disco pub is even louder.

Actually, not too long ago, there's an airport in asia where planes just fly above where people lives (can say almost metres only). That was Hong Kong's old airport. If you've been there before and take the left window seat, just before the plane lands, it'll do a hard bank to the left. Then you can really look into people's flat from your window seat.

Originally posted by Shadus
Err.... theoretically, there shouldn't be much turbulence underneath the wing, else, there'll be a serious lack of lift, which is how a plane flies in the first place.
The real problem with turbulence happens after the aircraft has passed. A heavy commercial jet like a 747 causes massive turbulence running out several km behind it. The problem is far worse on take-off than landing though.

It's so bad that light aircraft generally aren't allowed to take-off for several minutes after a "heavy" has used a runway. 5 minutes is the standard clearance here in Australia between a 747 and a light aircraft like a Cessna 171 etc.
Maybe you get the idea of going deaf from fighter jet engines. Then again, they're loud, but the disco pub is even louder.
If I remember rightly a 747 fitted with RB-11 engines produces around 123dBA at 100 feet on take off in a 'heavy' configuration. That is about as loud as a Marshall Stack at about 30 feet. (a favoured guitar amp by many rock guitarists) at full volume.
That was Hong Kong's old airport. If you've been there before and take the left window seat, just before the plane lands, it'll do a hard bank to the left.
Hehe yeah, it was Kai Tak Airport that is mentioned above :)

Reminds me of the jet that crashed in New York after Sept. 11th. I read that it failed to adhere to the 90 secs buffer and took off after a JAL jet went up. The turbulance managed to knock some parts off that plane. Tragic.

Never been to HK during the Kai Tak period. I flew from Singapore to Cheh Lap Kok(sp) and the terrain and view I saw just before landing was amazing. Like flying through a valley of green and skyscrapers. HK is indeed a very unique city. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.