Do you think technology had turn against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
Do you think that technology has turned against us? Internet portal like S+0Mp is like a big complain center... exposing Singaporean's actions... for example:

yesterday the news abt ppl go kelong she also wanna complain, people eat also wanna complain, ppl sleep on bus also take photo, teenagers kissing....

i personally encounted once: it was a big big crowd(CNY chinatown nightmarket), the old auntie can not wait longer so she take photo and send it out spot to that portal....

i think it is more of a control tool for us heartlanders rather then interacting and bring us together.... also cheap technology is also the reason, no one can get a hp-cam just less then $150.

had these people taken the photo ever thought of this: what would be the impact when i publish this picture? i really pity some people, they mayb to tired for the day that they fell asleep, and got taken photo of...:devil:

ok, what are your views on these technology?

don't know about technology turning against us.

but the fact is that the world is getting more and more stressed - "cat eat cat, dog eat dog and i for one am not gonna be left behind" attitude is to be seen everywhere.

people are living more impatient, more frustrated lives.

time to slow down, but who wants to risk slowing down ? because if one slows down, he risks being overtaken by another. its sick, but its a fact of life.

enough of my ranting. lemme get some work done, or else someone will take my job :bsmilie:

Don't be angry, laugh about it!

Joy Of Tech
942.gif

Perhaps I may be going abt this the roundabout way, discussing semantics first but i honestly do not think it is technology that has turned against us.

Much rather, i see this as a case of the masses being given a tool, which in this case, S+omp, whereby they are allowed to share their POV with the rest with a certain degree of anonymity as well as with a few clicks of their cellphones.

Technology and the tools of convenience that have been made available to us, are more often than not, double edged. How we use these tools, and for what purpose is down to the choices we make as users of these tools.

From dynamite & explosives, to the internet or even cameras, there will be both malicious and benevolent uses for these tools. It would be a leap of imagination for anyone to think that a tool with no bias or emotion can turn against anyone.

Ultimately, it is how we harness these tools at our disposal that brings about the consequences.

Cheers,
WG

Do you think that technology has turned against us? Internet portal like S+0Mp is like a big complain center... exposing Singaporean's actions... for example:

yesterday the news abt ppl go kelong she also wanna complain, people eat also wanna complain, ppl sleep on bus also take photo, teenagers kissing....

i personally encounted once: it was a big big crowd(CNY chinatown nightmarket), the old auntie can not wait longer so she take photo and send it out spot to that portal....

i think it is more of a control tool for us heartlanders rather then interacting and bring us together.... also cheap technology is also the reason, no one can get a hp-cam just less then $150.

had these people taken the photo ever thought of this: what would be the impact when i publish this picture? i really pity some people, they mayb to tired for the day that they fell asleep, and got taken photo of...:devil:

to me, it has become an " entertainment " in this boring city.

think u need to do a spell check or something, cos i got no idea what u talking about...

Perhaps I may be going abt this the roundabout way, discussing semantics first but i honestly do not think it is technology that has turned against us.

Much rather, i see this as a case of the masses being given a tool, which in this case, S+omp, whereby they are allowed to share their POV with the rest with a certain degree of anonymity as well as with a few clicks of their cellphones.

Technology and the tools of convenience that have been made available to us, are more often than not, double edged. How we use these tools, and for what purpose is down to the choices we make as users of these tools.

From dynamite & explosives, to the internet or even cameras, there will be both malicious and benevolent uses for these tools. It would be a leap of imagination for anyone to think that a tool with no bias or emotion can turn against anyone.

Ultimately, it is how we harness these tools at our disposal that brings about the consequences.

Cheers,
WG
nice of your views! ya, it is how people use it. Like fire, it can give us warm but it can also burn down our house:eek:

One day our dslr is going to send out a deadly ray to blind us.

We will then become the legs and hands of our dslr.
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: winder which which company would produce that:think:

At the end of the day you still have to agree that the convenience that technology bring to us. And I am sure you can't live without your hp, computer, Xbox, digital camera! :bsmilie:

At the end of the day you still have to agree that the convenience that technology bring to us. And I am sure you can't live without your hp, computer, Xbox, digital camera! :bsmilie:

One day they are going to made models out of synthetic rubber.

If you want a gorgeous girl to pose for you all you have to do is to blow her up.

You have a choice of cup size, hair colour, height etc.

Now that's technology.

If you want a gorgeous girl to pose for you all you have to do is to blow her up.

Now that's technology.
Will they also make photographers out of synthetic rubber? Maybe can also pass to the event ppl who needs free photographers?

Yes. tech brings us the convenience. But dun rely on them. ...hee hee. I can live without all the machines u mentioned here. :cool:

Will they also make photographers out of synthetic rubber? Maybe can also pass to the event ppl who needs free photographers?

in 100 years time, no more photographers liao, all cyborgrapher and they dun miss a shot! :thumbsup:

Now that's technology.

I thought that is available already....

Status
Not open for further replies.