Do You Think Smokers Are Selfish Generally

Do You Think Smokers Are Selfish Generally

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
Smoking in front of you when you are not a smoker?

do you think ugly people are selfish generally? walking in front of you when you want beauty in your life?

do you think drivers are selfish generally? puffing out carbon monoxide and all sorts of gases which can ruin the human race eventually, for the sake of their own comfort? what are our legs for?

if i don't like kids, should i think that they are selfish (or their parents)? why do they even exist?!

you can always walk in front of them. they have made their choice, and they're entitled to it.

I notice there are usually more cigarette butts than other rubbishs on the floor of bus stand, or other places, where dustbin are within reach.

Sure they are entitled to smoke, but don't you think they are selfish when they smoke in the prohibited area like enclosed aircon place, bus stop, elevator and let other people inhale 2nd hand smoke?

Surely there are some good and considerate smokers, but there are quite a lot of bad smokers also.

Last edited:
Yes ... especially a lot of those 'ah lao' I see in markets ... standing in a crowd puffing away, walking slowly in a crowded path ... puffing away ... not considering that their time's almost up but the other people's time aren't.

It's the same for everything. We have drivers (lots of em) who road hog and can't keep their damn car in the lane ... they are selfish (idiots).

So, it's not every who smoke are selfish people ... it's selfish people who are selfish.

Btw, I smoke too ... :p

Sure they are entitle to smoke, but doesn't it consider them as selfish when they smoke in the prohibited area like enclosed aircon place, bus stop, elevator and let other people inhale 2nd hand smoke?

i won't consider them selfish, more of showing a blatant disregard for the law.

air is air.. pollutants float around. definitely being nearer exposes you to more.. but i don't suppose it is going to be very fair to make all of them go to pulau ubin to smoke.. :bsmilie:

i don't smoke, btw.

Sorry for all smokers here, but I do find some bad smokers around my area.
They puff away inside the lift, bus stop and coffee shops.
I believe they understand "no smoking" logo in those places, but simply "bo chap" one :angry:

do you think ugly people are selfish generally? walking in front of you when you want beauty in your life?

do you think drivers are selfish generally? puffing out carbon monoxide and all sorts of gases which can ruin the human race eventually, for the sake of their own comfort? what are our legs for?

if i don't like kids, should i think that they are selfish (or their parents)? why do they even exist?!

you can always walk in front of them. they have made their choice, and they're entitled to it.

very well said :thumbsup:

i got few friends who smoke, at least they try to blow off the smoke in another direction.
or they simply don't smoke at all when they are out with me.
if your friends care enough for your sake, they wont be smoking right in your face.

i got few friends who smoke, at least they try to blow off the smoke in another direction.
or they simply don't smoke at all when they are out with me.
if your friends care enough for your sake, they wont be smoking right in your face.

Problem is... those who are not your frens are the ones who will be LIKELY to blow smoke in your face and not care about the rest.

We're talking about those selfish ones and those who dun care about others..

Problem is... those who are not your frens are the ones who will be LIKELY to blow smoke in your face and not care about the rest.

But I know one who holds his ciggies (when sitting down) close to his wife's face. :bsmilie: Perhaps he likes smoked ducks :bsmilie:

Smoking in front of you when you are not a smoker?

I have some smoking friends who will excuse themselves to a secluded corner just to have a puff. Selfish? I don't think so.

But I also see others who just light their cigarettes, hold it and just walk around thinking that everyone else love the smell, and only occasionally taking a short puff, not extinguishing their butts when the bus arrives etc... Selfish? I think so.

I can avoid the road if I don't want to breathe vehicle exhaust, but I cannot avoid the smokers also rushing to catch the train or buses. I can choose not to look if I don't like someone's face. But I cannot choose not to breathe when the only path is filled with cigarette smoke just because some bunch of idiots just light them and walk like they are doing modelling, swinging all the ashes and smoke everywhere.

Everyone is entitled to their own space. Non-smokers should be entitled to some fresh air too.

I like the concept in Japan where they have enclosed rooms for smoking. Maybe they should implement it here too.

But I know one who holds his ciggies (when sitting down) close to his wife's face. :bsmilie: Perhaps he likes smoked ducks :bsmilie:

Tat would be one interesting scene.... doesn't the wife mind at all?? :think:

We're talking about those selfish ones and those who dun care about others..

I have a neighbour (I think either upstairs or downstairs) who smoke outside his kitchen window and the smoke never fails to enter my kitchen. I have to close the window. Selfish? No, I think he/she doesn't want the family to get the 2nd hand smoke. Yes, because now it's smoking up my kitchen.. :dunno:

I have a neighbour (I think either upstairs or downstairs) who smoke outside his kitchen window and the smoke never fails to enter my kitchen. I have to close the window. Selfish? No, I think he/she doesn't want the family to get the 2nd hand smoke. Yes, because now it's smoking up my kitchen.. :dunno:

Me facing the same thing as you. Worst my kitchen window is side by side. Not only smell it..can even see the smoke.:sweat:

You cant stop them:dunno:

Yes and No... there are some who only smoke in designated areas, and there are others who smoke where they please.. I have had people blowing smoke into my face in crowded bus stops b4:angry:

I have some smoking friends who will excuse themselves to a secluded corner just to have a puff. Selfish? I don't think so.

But I also see others who just light their cigarettes, hold it and just walk around thinking that everyone else love the smell, and only occasionally taking a short puff, not extinguishing their butts when the bus arrives etc... Selfish? I think so.

I can avoid the road if I don't want to breathe vehicle exhaust, but I cannot avoid the smokers also rushing to catch the train or buses. I can choose not to look if I don't like someone's face. But I cannot choose not to breathe when the only path is filled with cigarette smoke just because some bunch of idiots just light them and walk like they are doing modelling, swinging all the ashes and smoke everywhere.

Everyone is entitled to their own space. Non-smokers should be entitled to some fresh air too.

I like the concept in Japan where they have enclosed rooms for smoking. Maybe they should implement it here too.

Nicely put, smokers should learn to be considerate.

smoker who smoke in the LIFT!!!

smoker who smoke in the underpass!!!

these smoker r idiot...

wait until we put u in a lift with those damn smoker!!

Majority win....minority loose....if most of us are smoker...this type of question will not exist....so non smoker like us should accept this is a reality and needed more effort and time....to build a win win scenario....like what I seen in Japan :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.