Do you think photos on the Portraits forum are repetitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharonspoon

Jul 20, 2008
I realised that alot of photos in this forum are repetitive. Alot of photos consist of close ups of the models' faces. No background, variation in expressions, etc etc etc.

Are these like, standard model pictures or something?

Either way it makes things boring.

I wish there were more photoshoots like this.

Tell me what you think!

Last edited:
this should be in kopitiam.

there is nothing wrong with face shots, what i have a gripe with is that a lot of work is slipshod. even then, i've learnt to acknowledge that people have different quirks, so why bother?

Does it really bother that the pictures are repetitive? We are all learning and I assume most of these pictures are put up for comments/criticism. Some people simply want to follow or try out what others have done. I see nothing wrong with it as long as the photographers do improve.

I realised that alot of photos in this forum are repetitive. Alot of photos consist of close ups of the models' faces. No background, variation in expressions, etc etc etc.

Are these like, standard model pictures or something?

Either way it makes things boring.

I wish there were more photoshoots like this.

Tell me what you think!

Boh Pian.

We all have 40Gb CF cards to fill in a photoshoot. :bsmilie:

there is nothing wrong with face shots, what i have a gripe with is that a lot of work is slipshod. even then, i've learnt to acknowledge that people have different quirks, so why bother?

i 2nd this comment. There's a trend in what they like to see in p&p. So if u dont like what u saw, why not look somewhere else then? Cs isn't the only forum for looking at pictures.

Oh no, then how do I move the thread?

I thought I was in Kopitiam when I posted this, sorry!

Not just the portraits sections, I would think that almost all sections here you would see repetitive work. Nothing wrong with that as we are all learning here and the fastest way to learn is to emulate photos that you like and hopefully be able to find your own niche there onwards.

Not just the portraits sections, I would think that almost all sections here you would see repetitive work. Nothing wrong with that as we are all learning here and the fastest way to learn is to emulate photos that you like and hopefully be able to find your own niche there onwards.

maybe landscapes/travel tends to have more variety.

also, like to express the opinion that pure emulation is fine and dandy, but one should learn actively - else you risk ending up just emulating 24/7. maybe that might work for you, but it'd still be sad.

Ah, okay. I guess that would explain why there is so much repetitive work. Oh well.

I think there are alot of good photography on flickr that are really unique and amazing. Then again, there aren't many good Singapore-taken photographs on flickr. I just wish that there would be more good works by Singaporeans, you know?

Ah, okay. I guess that would explain why there is so much repetitive work. Oh well.

I think there are alot of good photography on flickr that are really unique and amazing. Then again, there aren't many good Singapore-taken photographs on flickr. I just wish that there would be more good works by Singaporeans, you know?

Eh, why not look around more. There's more to Clubsnap than portraits and poses. :what:

Eh, why not look around more. There's more to Clubsnap than portraits and poses. :what:

Haha, yeah, I usually go to the Classifieds and drool over cameras that I cannot afford.

Haha, yeah, I usually go to the Classifieds and drool over cameras that I cannot afford.

Take a look at streets and candids. Guaranteed you won't see repetitive things there, because on the street, some things only happen once.

thats cause not all good singaporean photographers use flickr. don't restrict your perception of singaporean photographers to what you see on just one photo hosting site. thats rather narrow and naive, don't you think? and there's no guarantee you can find all the local photogs there anyway

Other than those forums, you can do urself a favour. Go google. Fashion, glamour, beauty photographers etc.

art+commerce photographers work are worth looking at as well.

there are really more than just CS to look at.

g'day!

Status
Not open for further replies.