Do you think Pentax should come up with a pro camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question for many who say that they aren't able to use the k10/20 features fully as yet and still learning. Which are the features that you are still unfamiliar with? Having the camera for about 3 months and used it extensively for a week, I found that I had almost play with the camera's features inside-out. Not trying to be arrogant, but may be there's really something I am missing out. Please advise. Thanks.

Just a question for many who say that they aren't able to use the k10/20 features fully as yet and still learning. Which are the features that you are still unfamiliar with? Having the camera for about 3 months and used it extensively for a week, I found that I had almost play with the camera's features inside-out. Not trying to be arrogant, but may be there's really something I am missing out. Please advise. Thanks.

you will be familiar with the features quickly, the question is whether you are actually exploiting the camera's full potential, and whether you actually need additional features.. to put it bluntly.

do you think > 3fps will improve your photography?

do you think having a full-frame sensor will improve your photography?

do you think having additional features on top of existing will improve your photography?

among many other questions you should ask yourself with regards to "growing out" of any camera model. when i dumped my sony h2 to get the k100d, it was because of the limited f-stop range, noise levels that i was noticing when i needed faster shutter speeds, etc. when i finally bought the k20d after holding back since it came out, it was because the k100d didn't have iso100, and due to a limited lens selection and budget i liked the fact that i could crop the massive 14 mgp output i would be getting, since cropping on 6 mgp output is really painful. there are many factors that i discovered later on, like better DR, etc.. but that is a bonus out of what i was expecting, which is better. however, expecting no improvement and buying.. well if you have the money by all means, i will not tell anyone how to live their lives, but if you have a constrained budget, then perhaps you should tell yourself firmly that no, this isn't going to help and i should brush up and exploit what i have before being able to justify upgrading.

the answers for some people to the above 3.. might not be no.. and they will not be under the BBB virus when they say that. that's fair enough, because k20d is still limited in some ways. but i think for me, it is no.

Well one feature that I think is little known and little used is the Multi-Exposure Mode with Auto EV adjust. It is an amazing way to get images with very little noise. I've been amazed by the effect and frankly, I've not used it often enough because it requires shooting with a tripod. Great for night shots and images have a ND400/HDR like effect. It's like shooting at a ridiculously low ISO.

In fact we should ALL try it out and start a new thread with the results. Probably Pentax's best known secret.

Well one feature that I think is little known and little used is the Multi-Exposure Mode with Auto EV adjust. It is an amazing way to get images with very little noise. I've been amazed by the effect and frankly, I've not used it often enough because it requires shooting with a tripod. Great for night shots and images have a ND400/HDR like effect. It's like shooting at a ridiculously low ISO.

In fact we should ALL try it out and start a new thread with the results. Probably Pentax's best known secret.

we could all try this out during the Pentax meet!!

Multiple exposure rocks.

http://digitalphotographer.com.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=9215

One more thing: The Pentax should also take a look at the Viewfinder: make a rubber cushion where the eye can rest on the viewfinder and focus comfortably with squinting ith alread built in magnification.

See, you can learn new things everyday. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: can do double exposure holga style ar..

i think that was on the old samsung model parallel to k10d, or something?

can have some fun with it.. time to read the manual! :bsmilie:

nightmare: multiple exposure was on the K10D afaik.

scorpioh: I don't think multiple exposure and auto-bracket can be used together, but perhaps "auto HDR" is possible by changing exposure yourself inbetween shots (haven't had the chance to try this yet, but certainly will do quite soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.