Do you think Apple will recall the iPhone 4?

guitarist

Jun 28, 2010
With so many issues showing up on the iphone 4 one by one (the big one is the antenna issue), do you think Apple will finally recall the iPhone 4? I think with SJ's snobbish personality, he won't recall the iPhone 4.

No way unless they're forced to by some authority. Apple have just surpassed long time enemy Microsoft in terms of market capitalisation. Don't expect them to give away their history writing trophy anytime soon. :)

if they manage to come up with a software fix then no, but if not then theyll be forced to :D

I love it when the big guys get a slap in the nuts haha

I hope they dun recall so that when our loyal Singapore Apple fans buy the iphone 4, they will be very "happy"..:D

I hope Apple dun recall the iphone 4, they will sooner or later. cos i tried it an its very unstable, seriously. better to buy iphone 3gs/below for now to be safer.

think they will rather give free bumper than to recall?

cannot imagine recall of the millions of phone sold.

Given Apple big ego and high handed approach, I doubt they will recall the phone.

Given Apple big ego and high handed approach, I doubt they will recall the phone.

Bingo. They will never admit a mistake, and you can see this by how they delete any thread in their forums that is a complaint.

If they don't recall, maybe I'll have to forgo iPhone 4 and go for Samsung Galaxy liao since I'm not a die-hard apple fan.

How about you guys? What is your next option if this bug continues to be a major issue?

I hope they dun recall so that when our loyal Singapore Apple fans buy the iphone 4, they will be very "happy"..:D

Actually most of them will probably still get it anyways. My iphone 3gs friends ard me have heard of the issue but they say they will still get the 4g. It is an apple thing. And I dun think apple will recall. I doubt if most of the iphone fans will be too bothered with the "little" phone functionality issue. They will probably grumble, but oh .. retinal display. heck. buy

Ryan

Anyone remember the infamous Pentium FDIV bug? Intel denied it at first, but in the end had to do a recall that cost them a few million dollars, even if < 1% of users will be affected by the bug.

Andy Grove (ex-CEO) would say it was the worst and also the best time in Intel's history. There's a photo in Intel Penang where they destroyed all the buggy chips with a steamroller. :sweat:

Yeh, you're right!

The Loyal Apple Fans will start showing off the new iPhone4 happily even the phone can't make a call:bsmilie:

Can't Tar Han seeing a guy using iphone4(Should be oversea set) onboard MRT from Kranji MRT to City Hall MRT for playing games or something! (Maybe because I'm jealous, Lol...)

The guy pick up a phone call before Ang Mo Kio and chat halfway, he stop talking and look at his iphone4 and end the phone call just about to reach Bishan MRT.

:think:I think should be line cut:sweat:

Apple is going to hold a press conference regarding iPhone 4 issues this Friday, I think because this thing has blown out of proportion that it is affecting Apple share price and now they have to come out and explain.

Ya my loyal Apple fanboys friends also said they will buy the iphone 4 regardless of the bugs. They said Apple will confirm fix the problems before it launches in Singapore one.

Anyway I am not that hyped up over the Retina Display too. Think a number of websites done testings and comparisons and it is at most on par with Samsung Super Amoled. So it is definitely not the god-like screen Apple is making it out to be. I will pick a 4 inch screen over a 3.5 inch one anytime.

Actually most of them will probably still get it anyways. My iphone 3gs friends ard me have heard of the issue but they say they will still get the 4g. It is an apple thing. And I dun think apple will recall. I doubt if most of the iphone fans will be too bothered with the "little" phone functionality issue. They will probably grumble, but oh .. retinal display. heck. buy

Ryan

Last edited:
I suspect some of them cannot live without the games in iphone. Anyway, most of my friends complaining about the battery life on OS4 is bad. The way Apple implemented multi-tasking on OS4 is quite stupid.

the only apples i have are those that can be eaten.

the fruit theme toy maker will have a emergency press conf today ... but i dun think they will recall the product

they only recalled proudct twice due to fire hazard

the antenna dun seems to be getting overly hot and start a fire lol

probably they will bundle the 30 dollar strap with all iphone 4 as free gift