Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving?

What do you think actor Christopher Lee will get for his drink driving offence?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoconceptz

Jul 10, 2006
East
Just a kopitiam kind of talk so fans please do not take it personally. It is just a matter of having an open opinion for everyone to chat about.

With the serious consequences of drink driving in Singapore and even injuring someone in the process, do you think Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly to the high standards of our laws against drink driving?

Why do I say this is because we most probably have seen many cases involving people of different status getting a fine most of the time for offences but it seems another way around when anyone on the streets get into trouble with the law.

Please also do note that I am not undermining the legal system we have in place here in Singapore as I have mentioned this is just another coffeeshop talk. If you find it rather offensive to your liking then please do avoid this thread.

My Japanese Boss drink driving, met with an accident. (Did not hurt someone though) I went to the Kaki Bukit Traffic Police to bail him out. He just paid a fine and retake his theory test. Now he drives again.

You can see how Singapore protect expatriates who have different status.

No one is above the law. He should be punished accordingly.

Years ago an MP, I believe it was Barker, was caught for DWI(driving while intoxicated), I will not mention names, he was fined and suspended accordingly.

Anyways, the matter has already been publicised, would be kind of hard for him to get off that easy. If that were to happen the press will have a field day and so will the public. I know I will take issue if he gets off with a slap on the wrists.

it's not just drink driving as i understand. he also did not stop to assist the victims (required by law) and just drove off after hitting them.

i think it is better to state what's the penalty on both offences to put things in perspective and list some precedent cases.

I think drink driving punishment is too light. Should increase to 20 years jail term, confiscate car, 12 wip of canes, forfeit driving license for 40 years.

even this amount is too light as it involves human lifes ...

Yes anyone should go to jail if this is the case.

However, depending on who commit this type of offense, some are more equal than others ;)

Celebrity in singapore mah.... sure light sentence...:bsmilie:

but if really go to jail, maybe I got chance with Fann Wong!! hehehe..:bsmilie: :heart: ;p :sweatsm:

the government shld be fair to all albiet their status.be it a famous actress/actor or a normal poor guy like us..

this is slopped -sided man.

Naw, I doubt. Especially since it's so under public scrutiny. With regards to traffic accidents and drink driving if I'm not wrong the TP are relatively lenient on those who have not caused any harm to human life. Of course this may not be correct, and obvious drink driving can whack hard if they want to under the law, but I guess it's to avoid unnecessary hassle in charging those with relatively "light" drink driving related offenses.

In CP are there any deluxe cell, u got got bathroom attach, aircon, MP3 player and PC to access Club Snap ? :devil:

My Japanese Boss drink driving, met with an accident. (Did not hurt someone though) I went to the Kaki Bukit Traffic Police to bail him out. He just paid a fine and retake his theory test. Now he drives again.

You can see how Singapore protect expatriates who have different status.

There seems to be a double standard for expats and locals.

I said earlier that no one is above the law, apparently there are some that are more privileged than others.

Last time I check Christopher is local. I didn't know he left the scene of an accident where someone was hurt. It is not going to be good for him, he's up sh#t creek without a paddle.

I think drink driving punishment is too light. Should increase to 20 years jail term, confiscate car, 12 wip of canes, forfeit driving license for 40 years.

even this amount is too light as it involves human lifes ...

How about death sentence?:think:
If we make every offence to have death sentence, people would not dare to commit crimes anymore.:bsmilie:

Imagine death sentence for littering:bsmilie:

What can happen to him? He/MediaCorp got money and he's an actor, this is an open and shut case, but he manage to get a SC to represent him. This is where some ARE more equal than others.

In CP are there any deluxe cell, u got got bathroom attach, aircon, MP3 player and PC to access Club Snap ? :devil:

maybe he go inside can do research for new drama series!! Ch8 prison break!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

How about death sentence?:think:
If we make every offence to have death sentence, people would not dare to commit crimes anymore.:bsmilie:

Imagine death sentence for littering:bsmilie:

cannot lah. remember, we have plan for 6.5million population :sticktong

why need access to CS? for him or the other ugly photographer?

For him to pass time and to take up photog.

Dont be suprise if a Chris Lee ask should he get a D2x or 1 D Mk 3 for newbie. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.