Do you tell your other half how much you spend on photography?

Do you tell your other half how much you spend on photography?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

munfai

Apr 19, 2002
For those not attached, do you tell your family, or someone who is not into photography?

And more importantly, what's their reaction? :D

I'll tell truthfully because she might find out the truth from elsewhere then i'm screwed! ahhaha

but serious, i dun see a point to lie. if it's something i'm passionate about and it brings me joy then i will hope (even expect?) that she would understand. same goes for her, if i'm passionate and in love with her i wouldn't discount the "amount" of care and love i shower upon her.

geesh getting too mushy leh... :embrass: :embrass:

btw the "she" above is an arbitrary one... i'm single atm... :cry: :cry:

... do I tell?

of course. I am the Purchaser but my wife is still the Approving Officer :embrass: ;)

someone voted No.

could that someone please let us know why? ;) :D ;p

Originally posted by NitroTech
I tell the truth to my other half but not to my mum.... :D She will go berserk..... ;p

same same just that no other haf no more so tell no one except friends who ask... frequetly underquote. why? coz despite it being my own money.. mum will still kill me!:)

Originally posted by dehuis
same same just that no other haf no more so tell no one except friends who ask... frequetly underquote. why? coz despite it being my own money.. mum will still kill me!:)

hmmm......... are guys more afraid than their mothers than their wives? :devil:

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
hmmm......... are guys more afraid than their mothers than their wives? :devil:

of course........... look at my signature.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

my otosan gave up trying to kill me

lie to her, and she will not talk to me for weeks.

tell her the truth, she will not talk to me for a few hours.. sometimes, it's better not to lie to someone sleeping next to you.

I have learnt not to tell too much truth... and sometime, the truth is very ugly...

In order to buy the equipment.... have to eat noodles almost everyday and really cut back on stuff thats not needed for survival.....

So have to under-quote..... Dun want my parents to worry and think that I dunno how to take care of myself.....

U forgot one more option. My other half pays for all my equipment! Guess I am lucky...;)

Originally posted by jeff chen
U forgot one more option. My other half pays for all my equipment! Guess I am lucky...;)

so that means she knows the correct figure ;p

I told her everthing and she does the same to me with regards to all the pradas and lvs... :bsmilie:

Originally posted by munfai
For those not attached, do you tell your family, or someone who is not into photography?

And more importantly, what's their reaction? :D

I suppose it is the same for any sort of hobby or activity that you are into. You will always get some sort of reaction from friends or family with the amount of money you spend.

I have a friend that has just spent AUD$17,000 on a shotgun to shoot clay targets and another that just dropped AUD$9,500 on a new mountain bike.

Yet these same people are amazed at the amount I have spent on camera gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.